12mm front trim ring - need to buy, where?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by mievil, Dec 24, 2013.

1. mievil

mievil Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2013
    San Diego
    Anyone know where I can get the front trim ring for the Oly 12mm? I tried Google, but I'm not sure what the correct terminology is. It's the ring on the front of the lens that the Oly metal hood would clamp on to. I know it unscrews, though I'm not entirely sure why it does. Anyway, I'm looking for that part. Anyone have a link or anything? Thanks. :)

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Olympus has them, look under "parts".

3. mievil

mievil Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2013
    San Diego
    I see them for the 14-42 and the 45mm. Not for the 12. Or am I missing it?

4. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    The 12mm, and the other metal bodied lenses (75mm F/1.8 & 17mm F/1.8) don't have trim rings or at least none came with mine. Not all of the plastic bodied lenses have trim rings either,

If you want to check whether or not there is a trim ring for a particular lens then the simplest way I know to be sure is to look at the manual for the lens on the Olympus site. There's a diagrammatic view of the lens in the manual with every feature noted. If there is a trim ring then it will appear in the diagram.

5. mievil

mievil Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2013
    San Diego
    I didn't think there was one either. But apparently there is. The lens I just bought second hand is missing it. The outer ring must just spin off.

6. mievil

mievil Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2013
    San Diego
    Oh, crap. I'm a complete idiot. I just actually looked at the lens which I hadn't done before. The dude actually sent me a 45mm instead of a 12mm. Can't believe I missed that. Well. Off to file a claim.

7. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yes, the 45mm has a trim ring. The 12mm does not.