12mm f/1.6 Noktor Lens Coming

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Narnian, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
  2. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    so that'll be what...a $2,000 lens?
  3. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    I'm not sure that's the best lens to be bringing out at a premium price with no AF when Olympus are strongly rumoured to be bringing out a 12mm F2 which will probably cost around half the price of the Noktor, even if it is a bit slower....
  4. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Remember this is Noktor, NOT Nokton! They are owned by SLR Magic who makes cheap m43 lenses based on c-mount lenses.

I expect this to be more expensive than their $100 lenses but less than a Nokton equivalent and very likely less than a possible Oly 12/2.0.

Unfortunately we do not know yet.
  5. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Native MF lenses would be so much nicer if they would add some sort of gizmo to trigger the auto magnify at the turn of the focus ring.

HINT to all manufacturers!!!
  6. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    I was just begging for that very function today myself!! :smile:
  7. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    How about if the camera detected a change in the focus from the lens and automagnified for you? That'd feel like magic!
    (Won't happen, but can't be too much of a struggle to program. Maybe in the next NEX eh, after 'peaking')
    Hope Oly/Pana jump on the 'peaking' bandwagon without delay.
  8. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    So who are the Noktor that make the 50mm F0.95 then?? I may be wrong, but am sure it's Voigtlander who make lenses designated as Nokton.....
  9. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    The Noktor people were clever enough to have the idea to sell a CCTV based lens as a premium-priced fast prime for Micro Four Thirds @ $1000 a pop, but thankfully lacked the business acumen to go ahead with the project. Probably saved a lot of folks a lot of money.
  10. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Voigtlander have a long history in photography, and the brand name is currently owned by cosina. Nokton is the brand name they use for their fastest lenses... same way that leica use Noctilux as a brand for lenses of less that 1.2, summilux for 1.4 lenses and summicron for f2 lenses

Voigtländer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Noktor on the other hand were some guys in a basement who decided to cash in on the need for speed and cobbled together some cctv lenses with a micro 4/3 mount and sold with enough of a markup to make a nice tprofit.... they went bust and were bought by another company who also rebadge/remount odd bits of glass to sell to the unaware.

Neither Noktor or SLR Magic actually design and develop lenses... they adapt existing lenses originally designed for CCTV or machine monitoring.

They may give an intersting look... but they are never going to be as good in absolute terms as lenses produced by Olympus/Panasonic or any other major manufacturer

If this 12/1.6 costs more than 300 dollars then you are probably being ripped off

just my opinion

• Like Like x 3
  11. jyap

jyap Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Noktor was bought by SLR Magic.

Correct, Voightlander makes a the Nokton lens.
  12. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Actually when they first came out the price was seven hundred something, USD. They only raised it to one thousand when the Voigtlander Nokton lens came out and they seen people would pay over a grand for a fast prime like that.
  13. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Another re badged CCTV lens that they will try to sell for over $100 when it should cost $25?