12-40, 17mm, 25mm, 60mm, 75-300 all back on Olympus Outlet 12/10/14

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by boulderjoe, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Indianpeaksjoe

Indianpeaksjoe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
  2. timware

timware New to Mu-43

Oct 4, 2012
    Little Rock, AR
    Tim Ware
    ahhhhhh! got the 12-40 in my cart, sold out. nooooooo!

3. Sujiar

Sujiar Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    NorCal, USA
    Suji
    Thanks for the heads up! Got the 60 macro!

4. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Good price for the macro. I also have the 5 percent coupon, but I bought it for more here. :O lol

5. sublimesun

sublimesun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    British Columbia
    Matt
    Dang no 75's!

6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The 12 f/2 was on there but disappeared quick!

7. memzinla

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    The Oly 12 is the one I want. :(

8. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    It was 479, but with CA tax it comes out to around 522. I wish that lens would be a bit cheaper though especially since its made in China now. The early production run of that lens was made in Japan.

9. memzinla

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hmmm, still too much for me.

Oh interesting. I didn't know that!

10. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ha, that's why I'm sticking to the 14mm 2.5!

• Like Like x 1
  11. memzinla

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah, that's what I'm currently using! XD

12. Sujiar

Sujiar Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    NorCal, USA
    Suji
    I noticed on the weekly deals, the OM10 premium kit features the 14-42 EZ III. Did I miss an upgrade to this lens - I thought ver.II was the latest? Couldn't find any info on ver.III. Anyone have any idea if the optics have been upgraded to Panny levels?

13. wrxspdwgn

wrxspdwgn Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Those of you who have picked up reconditioned lenses all happy with your purchase? I'm thinking about picking up a 17mm 1.8.

14. Jonathan F/2

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    The Olympus outlet is great. If they send you a bad copy, just shoot them a message and ask for an exchange. I think half the users on the forum are using refurbished gear in at least part of their kits! :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  15. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    Yes! I have two lenses from the refurb store - the 45mm and the 60mm macro. The 45mm had a minor scratch in the silver paint on the side of the lens but was otherwise flawless. It performs perfectly and is my 2nd most used lens. My 60mm refurb looked brand new and was a steal at $319. I would not have that lens at all if I had to pay full price, but am so glad I have it.

16. huai

huai Mu-43 Regular

May 24, 2013
    I got a 12-40 from the outlet. The lens itself was flawless. The lens cap had a big scratch on it. I can live with that.

17. jd950

jd950 Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 23, 2010
    To tell you the truth, I am pretty fed up with the Olympus Outlet. I wanted to get another 12-40 and checked the webpage religiously for days. From time to time the website would claim the lens was in stock, but then I could never get it to appear in a cart. I downloaded an app to check the page and kept getting notices the page had changed, but could never get the lens. I finally gave up and bought a new one at a decent price. Recently I got that notice that all reconditioned lenses were on sale, but there were only two lenses listed on the website. Then the sale ended and a week later I am back to seeing all the desirable lenses again on the site. I would like to get the 75mm, but it looks like it will be the same ongoing cycle of in stock...out of stock...limited quantity available...in stock but I can't put it in my shopping cart, etc. Now, I know they must have lenses available from time to time, and people can get them because I see you guys posting that you bought this or that, but I can never hit the site at the right time, I guess.

Frankly, there is a point where the savings is just not worth the headache and time. There is about $220 difference between a new 75mm and a reconditioned one and if it takes me several hours and lot of frustration and what I am getting is essentially a used lens, I am not sure it is worth the $200.00 savings.

Rant over...sorry to take up your time reading this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sublimesun

sublimesun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    British Columbia
    Matt
    Totally with you. Been after the 75 for a bit, however not in a rush. Slept in this morning and missed it and not willing to pay 15% more than a refurbished for a used one. Good things come to those that wait? lol

19. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    They would be much better by just putting stuff through eBay, same as their EU subdivision.

20. darcius1

darcius1 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Sandwich Isles
    Prefer outlet over ebay but that's just me.

Sent from my D5303 using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 1