12-100 vs f/2.8 vs. primes for gym sports

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
I have one suggestion when you get your harness. I put on the sling/harness first, and then put on my camera bag or backpack over it. In that way, I can swing the sling or backpack (with side access) around without tangling up with the straps. I have no problem with the cross-body straps. The cameras attach to sliders which move freely up and down the straps. The straps don't really move. Usually, once I set up (unless I change lenses) the bag stays put anyway.

The photos on the OpTech site show you how to set up their slings/harness. I much prefer the cameras at my side than hanging from my neck and bouncing off my gut (or banging into each other). I never use the neck straps, so mine are still in their plastic wrapper. I also have wrist straps on all my cameras, so I can unclip them from the sling and use them freely. I have the QD connectors on everything, so it's easy to clip and unclip when needed. The modularity of the OpTech stuff makes it easy to customize your rig. I've even used carabiners and OpTech components to hang cameras from my backpack straps for quick access.

Amazon sells their stuff, sometimes cheaper or on sale. In fact, they have several variations of the dual harness listed.
I have the OpTech harness and never used it because I didn't like the way it felt when I tried it at home. I just ordered the Utility Sling - Duo that you linked to above. I think I might like that better, and it has the benefit that you can use it as a one-camera strap very easily. I don't think you could conveniently do that with the harness version. I found the Sling Duo at a Walmart reseller in the "Nature" color (kind of camo) for only $30, which is significantly cheaper than the $44 most places seem to be selling the black version. Free shipping too (I am such a sucker for free shipping that I sometimes buy things I don't even want just because they have free shipping!! :dance4: )

Real Name
Walter
I have the OpTech harness and never used it because I didn't like the way it felt when I tried it at home. I just ordered the Utility Sling - Duo that you linked to above. I think I might like that better, and it has the benefit that you can use it as a one-camera strap very easily. I don't think you could conveniently do that with the harness version. I found the Sling Duo at a Walmart reseller in the "Nature" color (kind of camo) for only $30, which is significantly cheaper than the $44 most places seem to be selling the black version. Free shipping too (I am such a sucker for free shipping that I sometimes buy things I don't even want just because they have free shipping!! :dance4: )

I got the camo version from Amazon because it was on sale and cheaper than the regular version too. I got the single Utility Sling a couple of years earlier and decided to get the Duo when I started using two bodies more often. Yes, it works equally well even if you use only one camera. I still use the single on occasion, but swapped the original big pad for a smaller pad from one of their strap kits. I love that their stuff is so modular and customizing is so easy. My friend has the dual harness and I never cared for the way it worked. I also thought it looked too dorky, although it probably doesn't look much different for me to sling two cameras on my Duo Sling rig. :)

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
Yes, I agree that their system is very good because it is so modular. I do worry about the company's safety however - if right-wingers find out that they sell "gender changers," they are in serious jeopardy! ;)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom