1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

100% Fully Compatible Batteries for G5, G6 & GX7

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Paul80, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Hi all

I do suspect I will have more luck searching for the holy grail but

Anyone know of any 100% compatible third party batteries for my Lumix G5, G6 & GX7

I have tried a few which although the makers claim they are chipped and fully compatible clearly are not.

I have Batteries by DTSE and EXPro which even after many charges do not last anywhere near as long as the original Panasonic batteries and the battery indicator is nowhere near as accurate either with it showing full charge till about 95% then dropping to one bar for a few shots then shutting down. The Panasonic batteries last much longer even though the are of a lower capacity and the battery charge indicator is accurate and usable.

Are there any 100% compatible batteries out there.

If not anyone recommend a UK supplier of genuine Panasonic ones that are not being sold at ridiculous amounts and not eBay or Amazon as most of their claimed UK based sellers are actually in China and are shipping counterfeit batteries, yes I have had a few of those as well.

Thanks for any help

Paul

2. baz

baz Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2013
  3. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    Portugal
    Jaime
    I have a EXPro for my G5 and even not lasting as much as a genuine one I think it's not so bad.
    Power indicator seams to work normally, I don't have any problem with it.

4. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Hi

Thanks for the replies and the link above, I shall order a couple of those. Anyone know if their is another battery in the Lumix range that will work in the G5/G6

Re the EXPro I got a couple based on internet reports that said they where good, trouble is there are now so many fake batteries out there you don't know if you are getting a real third party battery or a counterfeit, as its not just genuine batteries that get copied even the good copies are getting copied now. So I just don't know if my EXPro's are just poor performers or copies.

Paul

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    When I had a GX7 I bought GF3 batteries that were listed cheaper on Ebay. Works like a charm.

6. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    Portugal
    Jaime
  7. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    That's who I got mine from, Hopefully they will pickup after a few more charge cycles.

Are you charging them in the Lumix charger or one of the generic chargers these people sell. I understand the Lumix charger charges to a slightly hight voltage but needs a fully functioning chipset in the battery to monitor battery temp to stop it exploding in the charger. What are you using with yours, I am using the generic one.

Paul

8. jrsilva

jrsilva Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 1, 2012
    Portugal
    Jaime
    I'm using the original Lumix charger to charge my EXPro battery. That's the only one I've got.
    Sometimes I forgot and leave the battery for about an hour or two after been completely charged and never had any problem or over heating.

9. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
    I have found that the following batteries woprk well in my GH2 and G6:

http://www.amazon.com/ChiliPower-DM...d_sim_p_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=05F28P8FG9KCF71B1H31

They charge in the stock charger and the remaining battery indicator seems to work fine with these batteries. Mine are yet somewhat new, so i cannot speak to whether they will last quite as well as the Panasonics, buit for now I do not detect much of a difference in battery life between these and the Panasonic batteries.

woof!

10. Boy777

Boy777 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    Seattle
    Eugene
  11. woof

woof Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 18, 2011
    The present.
  12. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    What do you charge the Optika Batteries in, I see they list a charger, is that needed as well. Shipping to the UK is quite expensive so would rather order the charger at the same time if it is needed.

Thanks

Paul

13. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Just ordered a couple of the Optika Batteries for my G5/G6 cameras, didn't go with their charger in the end as they where being silly with the postage, I could order as many batteries as I wanted and the postage would be $14.95 but add a charger and an extra $14.95 would be added.

Will see how they perform in the chargers I have, especially as their charger looks exactly the same as one of mine.

Paul

14. Boy777

Boy777 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    Seattle
    Eugene
    They are compatible with stock Panasonic charger, at least to one from G6 they fit well