100% Applicable To This Forum

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by RT_Panther, Jul 7, 2013.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    -> Diseases That Plague Photographers & I'm in part, guilty as charged (although most of my recent comments are now focused on responses to images) :biggrin::tongue:
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Has anyone told the author of that piece that the website he writes for is sponsored by all the diseases and plagues he is writing about?

I don't get the fuss. As Ray Sachs once said, photography and gear are two separate hobbies. There's no shame in either.

The first time I read an article like this one, I thought it was a nice reminder to balance the different ways in which I enjoy the photography and camera-related hobbies. The more I read articles rehashing this topic over and again, the more it comes across as self-righteous nonsense.

I enjoy photography. I like trying new cameras, new lenses, new computers, and new gadgets too. I like participating in forums as well chatting about photograpy as well as gear. None of those things are part of a syndrome or a plague. They are all good fun, and I do each to an extent that works for me.
  3. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    David Dornblaser
    I don't see being kept up-to-date and increasing your knowledge base is a bad thing. None of the signatures of the posters on this site show a "real problem". The folks on this forum seem to be making informed and educated decisions within their budget. If you want to give your spouse fits collect cane fly rods, shotguns, cars, art, fine wine, etc. Having a :43: in the bag and exploring locally and abroad is a good thing.
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Good point here - especially gear...
  5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    I'm getting better...I used to swap automobiles with great regularity. (Since 1966 I can list 40 that I've titled and I'm sure I've not gotten the list complete). The Princess of the Exchequer still doesn't like me going into dealerships alone.

I had a severe case of NAS (Nikon Acquisition System) that only ended when I made the command decision to jump to :43:.

Once I've gotten my prime collection complete then I'm totally done buying new camera gear...

6. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    I'd have to diasgree about LBA, since sometimes you NEED a couple different lenses. A standard zoom, zoom telephoto and an ultrafast prime are nearly always accompanying my camera on outings.