10 black E-P5 bodies, NEW, In BOX, $294 each (U.S.)

Rainman

Mu-43 Regular
Received mine today, for $259 shipped. Box looks to have been around for awhile but it was still sealed. Only concern for me was the battery dated 9-2013, but it charged up fine. Excellent deal! Thanks for the heads up ;)

longviewer

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
I'm with ya @Biro. My G85 arrived today.. but I just ordered one of these for 1/3 the price. Just when I'd convinced myself I 'need' 4k photo tricks and weather seals too. :eek:

The G85 will remain unopened a bit longer while I contemplate the choice of small bargain vs modern marvel..

Last edited:

Rainman

Mu-43 Regular
IMG_20190122_231827.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
IMG_20190122_231322.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I'm with ya @Biro. My G85 arrived today.. but I just ordered one of these for 1/3 the price. Just when I'd convinced myself I 'need' 4k photo tricks and weather seals too. :eek:

The G85 will remain unopened a bit longer while I contemplate the choice of small bargain vs modern marvel..

If nothing else, what a great camera to keep in the car trunk or glovebox with the 14-42 EZ on it.

MarylandUSA

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Paul Franklin Stregevsky
Even though I started this thread, I have resisted the urge to NAB one of these new E-P5s. I'd rather buy another factory-reconditioned unit whose dials have been upgraded with more-reliable components. Plus, I just bought my second E-P5; I can't be sure that "need" a third body until I've lived with two bodies for a while.

longviewer

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
If nothing else, what a great camera to keep in the car trunk or glovebox with the 14-42 EZ on it.

Yes it's definitely worth swapping out my GX1 at this price. Rather than a G85 'replacement' I think this is the 20/25mm lens I thought I was buying soon.
It's definitely the astro-camera, I look forward to live time with my clock-drive telescopes :)

update - shipped, will arrive Tomorrow. Considering the g85 came from the east coast by pony express :sleep: that's silly fast!
updated update - maybe not arriving today. Tracking shows it went from San Diego to NEW YORK on its way to Portland! That's about the dumbest thing I've heard, and I've heard a few whoppers..

Last edited:

longviewer

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
This thread is such a neat counterpoint to the EM1X threads.

Amazing how much has changed in 5+ years..except perhaps the sensor? I still hear some contend the extra 4Mpx is of little incremental value and Oly/Sony have not made any big leaps since the em/ep5. Massive changes in nearly every subsystem though.

Personally I'm not a fan of AI crowding out my limited but very personal NI.. maybe I'm a budding neo-luddite and this purchase is step one!

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
The 20 mp sensor has more MP, but the biggest mu43 sensor change came with the jump from 12 to 16 MP. DR, noise, etc. was better with the 16.

longviewer

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Camera arrived, battery charged. More like new/other condition, given the attached screen protector and some settings were not reset. Still at 68 clicks I should just relax & enjoy :rolleyes-38:

This one is also at FW 1.2 so updating that will take care of any previous settings!

MarylandUSA

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Paul Franklin Stregevsky
Camera arrived, battery charged. More like new/other condition, given the attached screen protector and some settings were not reset. Still at 68 clicks I should just relax & enjoy :rolleyes-38:

This one is also at FW 1.2 so updating that will take
Interesting. So slightly used? Did anyone else receive theirs with a screen protector attached?
The seller has another listing for open-box black E-P5--same price but the buyer must add about $17 for shipping. I'll bet those are unused.

DHxn

Leprechaun 44
Real Name
Dave
Interesting. So slightly used? Did anyone else receive theirs with a screen protector attached?
The seller has another listing for open-box black E-P5--same price but the buyer must add about $17 for shipping. I'll bet those are unused.
I did, but didn't check the shutter number. Seems completely brand new to me. Did need the updating, but no problem. Every thing seems like new, to me. Of course, now I have 2 E-P5's, and a Pen F, so .... don't tell!

Latest threads

Top Bottom