10 black E-P5 bodies, NEW, In BOX, $294 each (U.S.)

Evan614

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah I say steer clear unless you are willing to deal with returning. as said above me -- body of listing says p2 and has photo of the Samsung camera.

Real Name
Chris
The add is sloppy but that seems like a good price. If I were looking for an EP-5 this would be worth a shot IMO. A return is not too big of a deal if something is not right. The seller has a 100% rating so far.

The add is sloppy but that seems like a good price. If I were looking for an EP-5 this would be worth a shot IMO. A return is not too big of a deal if something is not right. The seller has a 100% rating so far.
Ebay has a pretty good return policy - if the seller sends you the wrong item, they will pay to ship it back and refund your money.

TetonTom

Mu-43 Regular
Same seller (IvytechLLC) now has a second ad for 10 new in box EP5’s for $259 with free shipping. He’s also fixed his images, no more Samsung NX...
I don’t see any real reason to think it’s fishy. I’ve been looking for a deal like this, I think I might pick one up...
Before I do, I’m going to message him and ask about paperwork, accessories, warranty, etc... I’ve found that if I get good replies from sellers on eBay, it usually lowers the risk of a scam. No response, though, or a really poorly written one, and I steer clear.

TetonTom

Mu-43 Regular
I sent this seller a question and got a quick response. He says that the EP5’s come new with all factory accessories in the original box and USA paperwork, but that the manufacturer warranty is expired. Not sure what to think about that...
He is offering 3 month return or replacement, though.

Real Name
Paul Franklin Stregevsky
Same seller (IvytechLLC) now has a second ad for 10 new in box EP5’s for $259 with free shipping. He’s also fixed his images, no more Samsung NX...
Thanks! In fact, he has TWO listings for 10 black New E-P5s at that price..and $259 is the SHIPPED price!
In one listing he writes:
"BRAND NEW in retail box, US model with all paperwork, never out of box (PLEASE NOTE, this is a brand new EP-5 camera, not EP-L5)"

twigboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Maybe not US E-P5's.

I see Olympus America appears to still have extended warranty capabilities on their support page: PEN E-P5 | Olympus In my mind can't have an extended unless there is the possibility of a current warranty.

TetonTom

Mu-43 Regular
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

TetonTom

Mu-43 Regular
I looked at his other listings, and I think I smell a fish.
He’s got several Fuji X-E2 new in box with 18-55 f2.8-4 (the nice kit lens) for $519. That’s more than $200 less than anyone else.

As an ebay seller myself, what it appears to be is that sometimes if the seller isn't careful, ebay includes their own product specs list and it isn't always correct to the model item you're selling. In my opinion that's what I think happened here, which in a way is out of the control of the seller unless he catches the mistake before posting the listing.

If anyone is seriously interested in the listing, I'd suggest they ask the seller for a picture of the box or boxes of the items to clarify any uncertainties like they did with the fuji xe2 and kit lens listings.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
When looking at his feedback the item info is all listed as private. Is that a new thing on eBay? It is always good to see if a seller has a history selling whatever you are considering to buy.

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I used to have an E-P5 and I used to have a VF-4. I now have the Pen-F and prefer its built-in EVF. But the thought of a brand-new unused E-P5 is intriguing.

Without a viewfinder, would I use this camera more than, say, my Sony RX100 Mark V (bought cheap as a Best Buy open-box special)?

BTW, the ad says "brand new U.S. model."

Last edited:
I used to have an E-P5 and I used to have a VF-4. I now have the Pen-F and prefer its built-in EVF. But the thought of a brand-new unused E-P5 is intriguing.

Without a viewfinder, would I use this camera more than, say, my Sony RX100 Mark V (bought cheap as a Best Buy open-box special)?

BTW, the ad says "brand new U.S. model."
Likely new old stock (NOS) - brand new inventory that was sitting in a store or at a distributor and was recently discovered.

The thing is - the Pen F is 2 years old now so Olympus is likely to do a refresh soon. No point in going backward.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom