$10.99 - 3rd Party Hood for the Olympus 60mm f/2.8 Macro (LH-49) from RainbowImaging

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Joe_B, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Joe_B

Joe_B Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2012
    Davis, California
    $10.99 - RainbowImaging - with Free Shipping over $15 - JJC Bayonet Mount Lens Hood for Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro as LH-49

Purchase another lens hood or accessory to take you over $15 to get the free shipping or order from Amazon or ebay...

$15.99 - Amazon - Free two-day Shipping with Amazon Prime -
    Amazon.com: Rainbowimaging Bayonet Lens Hood for Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f2.8 Macro Lens, replaces Olympus lens hood LH-49: Camera & Photo

$14.99 - ebay - with Free Standard Shipping -
    Bayonet Mount Lens Hood for Olympus M Zuiko Digital Ed 60mm F 2 8 Macro as LH 49 | eBay

I have not seen this lens hood, but you can't beat the price. I found this on ebay six hours after placing an order for the (1st Party) Olympus Hood for $50.

I have been happy with my other purchases from RainbowImaging

2. evilnim

evilnim Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 27, 2012
    Birmingham
    Ace, I've been on the lookout for a 3rd party hood for the 60mm...available in the uk as well via eBay for £13.99, both the JJC hood and other third party versions. Shipped from China only at the moment.

3. Fred49

Fred49 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    FRance
    rainbowimaging

i tried a few times to buy from this website but couldnt register an adress outside of the USA, did anyone managed to do it.
    i thought it could be my browser so i tried firefox and IE to no avail.
    contact form wasnt working either for me

4. cdmicha

cdmicha Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2012
    Arkansas
    Chris
    I just ordered this lens hood from Amazon, and it appears to work just fine. This has got to be one of the weirdest designs, but as for what it's supposed to do it works.

It is certainly a better price than the Oly version, and I can't really compare the two as far as build is concerned. I will say that the sliding isn't very smooth- I'm sure its plastic rubbing on plastic (and perhaps more manufacturing variance?), and my only real concern with the hood is that eventually it will wear out and not stay where you put it.

Again, for the few days I've had it, it's worked great.

5. merosen

merosen Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2012
    Somerville (Boston), MA
    Mark
    I didn't see this, I ordered the Olympus one from B&H.
    weird lens hood. twist lock doesn't really lock hood on, just tightens at the end of the turn.
    Not the tightest fit
    First impulse is to turn to extend lens hood, instead of pulling
    Maybe thats just me. I imagine I will get used to it.
    Like cdmicha said sliding is not all that smooth
    I think the design could be better implemented.

6. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I ordered this off brand hood from Rainbow imaging a month ago and am generally happy with it. I have not seen the Olympus one and cannot make a direct comparison. I spent a few dollars more.