10.6.3 update for Mac operating system

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks BBW, didn't know about this, it's a HUGE update - 438 Mb

What Aperture issues do you have, as a matter of interest?

kathyh

Mu-43 Regular
My husband down loaded it and he said it was a disaster. It's made enerything slow and some things that ran before won't run now. I've decided to wait to see what others have to say.

Gusnyc

Mu-43 Veteran
I installed it and everything runs smoothly. The laptop feels even cooler than before. That's a good sign.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Thanks BBW, didn't know about this, it's a HUGE update - 438 Mb

What Aperture issues do you have, as a matter of interest?
Glenn, because I have an older MacBook Pro apparently I, and many others with older Macs, have a graphics card that is not able to deal well with Aperture 3. I get artifacts after a short time when I am editing photos. Sometimes they're big green boxes, sometimes they're magenta...sometimes they're shot through with all sorts of lines. Although they have never effected the output when I export, it puts a real damper on using it. There are many posts about this on the Aperture Support forum.:frown:

Eventually I will be needing to get a new computer since I can't upgrade my memory anymore. Mine is a 2006 MacBook Pro.

I like Aperture and keep hoping for some sort of healing process, but don't think it's coming.

As for everything since this upgrade, I don't notice any issues at all. And yes, I have Snow Leopard.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Well, ain't this just the preetiest Mac thread of the day.....
Reading all youse stuff made me go and order the new Snow Leopard for my 2 puters.

If'n youse alls is upgrading, so is the shooter...... and it sure as heck better be a pretty site in the shooter household....

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Glenn, because I have an older MacBook Pro apparently I, and many others with older Macs, have a graphics card that is not able to deal well with Aperture 3. I get artifacts after a short time when I am editing photos. Sometimes they're big green boxes, sometimes they're magenta...sometimes they're shot through with all sorts of lines. Although they have never effected the output when I export, it puts a real damper on using it. There are many posts about this on the Aperture Support forum.:frown:

Eventually I will be needing to get a new computer since I can't upgrade my memory anymore. Mine is a 2006 MacBook Pro.

I like Aperture and keep hoping for some sort of healing process, but don't think it's coming.

As for everything since this upgrade, I don't notice any issues at all. And yes, I have Snow Leopard.
Thanks BBW. I too have Snow Leopard, running on an iMac with 4Gb of memory so no issues with Aperture but since installing the upgrade I've noticed that the start-uptime is a tad longer, otherwise no problems

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
My iMac - this new thing that you have all persuaded me to get "hung" this morning

Must be my PC fingers

is there a Ctlr - Alt - Del

There isn't even a Delete key on this mini key board that I have - still it's very cool looking and to use

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Bill,
On the left top you'll see the Apple...
Cluck that and the drop down menu shows
Force Quit..... That'll do it....
Also... Press Apple on the keyboard, hold it and hit tab to see running programs at any time...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom