1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

10.6.3 update for Mac operating system

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by BBW, Mar 29, 2010.

1. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Just in case you didn't know it. I'm hoping for something wonderful with regard to my Aperture issues. Either way, I thought I'd let everyone know, in case they hadn't realized it yet.:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks BBW, didn't know about this, it's a HUGE update - 438 Mb

What Aperture issues do you have, as a matter of interest?

3. kathyh

kathyh Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    My husband down loaded it and he said it was a disaster. It's made enerything slow and some things that ran before won't run now. I've decided to wait to see what others have to say.

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Another reason I have not gone to Snow Leopard....
    Just another tale from the Dark Side.....

5. Gusnyc

Gusnyc Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    New York
    I installed it and everything runs smoothly. The laptop feels even cooler than before. That's a good sign.

6. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Mine seems fine too. Installed it on 2 MacBook Pros so far.

7. BBW

Glenn, because I have an older MacBook Pro apparently I, and many others with older Macs, have a graphics card that is not able to deal well with Aperture 3. I get artifacts after a short time when I am editing photos. Sometimes they're big green boxes, sometimes they're magenta...sometimes they're shot through with all sorts of lines. Although they have never effected the output when I export, it puts a real damper on using it. There are many posts about this on the Aperture Support forum.:frown:

Eventually I will be needing to get a new computer since I can't upgrade my memory anymore. Mine is a 2006 MacBook Pro.

I like Aperture and keep hoping for some sort of healing process, but don't think it's coming.

As for everything since this upgrade, I don't notice any issues at all. And yes, I have Snow Leopard.

8. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Well, ain't this just the preetiest Mac thread of the day.....
    Reading all youse stuff made me go and order the new Snow Leopard for my 2 puters.

If'n youse alls is upgrading, so is the shooter...... and it sure as heck better be a pretty site in the shooter household....

• Like Like x 1
  9. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
    No issues with the update on an Imac and a new Macbook.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aye, you'll like snow leopard shooter. My Computer shuts down in like 10 secs and I had an extra 8 GB free space after the install.

Icon

11. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks BBW. I too have Snow Leopard, running on an iMac with 4Gb of memory so no issues with Aperture but since installing the upgrade I've noticed that the start-uptime is a tad longer, otherwise no problems

12. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Looking fine on my Macbook Air... haven't done the desktop machine - but i am just finishing a big video project on that and don't want to take any risks

K

13. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    My iMac - this new thing that you have all persuaded me to get "hung" this morning

Must be my PC fingers

is there a Ctlr - Alt - Del

There isn't even a Delete key on this mini key board that I have - still it's very cool looking and to use

14. BBW

Apple, Option(alt), Escape - hit each key and keep them down for a second and a little window will pop up and give you the option to Quit the offending application that is not responding.

15. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Bill,
    On the left top you'll see the Apple...
    Cluck that and the drop down menu shows
    Force Quit..... That'll do it....
    Also... Press Apple on the keyboard, hold it and hit tab to see running programs at any time...