1 Subject, 2 Hours, Many Looks

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by StudioHeraBell, Sep 14, 2011.

• Like Like x 3
  1. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Very nice series, Hera. I like the playfulness of the second shot (white wig) and the lighting of the 4th. For some reason the 3rd shot looks pixelated/out of focus on my monitor - like an enlarged/low res copy - worth checking?

• Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Love the images and style. #3 is such a great pose.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hi guys, I checked the #3, so far on my monitor has the same size as the others. Is everyone else having such a problem?

The second shot that white thing is a hat. Funny indeed it looks like a funky wig.

Beleive it or not, #3 and #4 were shot in studio, digitally transported to other shots which I have shot peviously .

I love the challenge of creating such collages where the final image will still look natural in some ways.

Thank you for your feedback. I love to hear all kinds of feedback, you do not need to like my images.

4. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    I checked again. When I click on each image, it opens in a new tab. The resulting image is approx. 354x501px. When I click again (magnify), all the images except 3 enlarge to approx 612x864px - and look fine (ie, great!). Image 3 expands to 981x1572px. The latter is very pixelated. Even without expanding, the image is noticeably less sharp than the others.

Again, I offer these observations only in the interest of care and support!

EDIT: The above observations were using the Chrome browser. It occurred to me to try Firefox: no such problems! Browser rendering continues to be a rather arcane 'art'. Sorry about the digression!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I really like #3.

For some reason, I'm not terribly wild about portraits where the hand is near the face. This is just my own preference though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Djarum, I agree with you on that. But sometimes I break my own rules. In this case making her sit on that backless chair, I had to come up with a direction to make this image work.

Is it that bad? Just curious?

As for #3, Tom seems to have a resolution dillama with that one, I tried I can't see from my end what's wrong, is it the same from your end? It is driving my crasy. I need help from others, to see what's my problem.

PS: Agh I read Tom's re-edit. Never mind. Thanks Tom.

7. Diditally traveling from the same studio shoot to a Florentine garden.

[​IMG]

8. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I like the tone and style of the image. I can't decide yet or not if I like the composition.

• Like Like x 1
  9. From the same session. I applied from Nick Filters, the glamour glow filter. The dress isn't a dress but just a fabric draped.

[​IMG]