+1 from the Bay Area

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by it'sAlvin, Feb 16, 2014.

1. it'sAlvin

it'sAlvin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2014
    Bay Area CA
    Hello everyone! I've been lurking this site for sometime and I figured it was time to sign up. I'm Alvin and live in the East Bay Area CA. For quite sometime Ive been doing my fair share of research in regards to the never ending debate between FF vs M43 the pros, the cons etc... and this biggest part of MY decision to go with a M43 system for ME was simply the size. Another aspect that attracted me is the cost of collecting premium to pro quality glass seems to be cheaper(?) but I can be wrong. I ended up choosing the OMD E-M1 along with the 12-40mm. I am a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of the menu system although Im getting better with it each day. Besides taking pictures with a point and shoot camera I have very little experience with the creative modes. So I'm just trying to get better with each picture I take. The pictures I post wont be the best or the most creative. But I like them and I hope you like what you see too!

heres one of my test shots straight out of the camera large fine no post processing
    happy shooting:biggrin:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Hi Alvin!

Welcome aboard, glad you decided to join up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. klee

klee Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Welxome! I just moved out of the South Bay. enjoy the scenery and interesting sights out in the Bay Area! take the camera out and shoot a lot!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome to the forum! The bodies in :43: are expensive (when new) but the quality lenses seem to be far less expensive then FF.
    • Like Like x 1