1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

1.5X telephoto converter on Zuiko 14-42mm f3.5-5.6

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by silver92b, Mar 29, 2014.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    So I was looking in my stash for a clear filter for my new pancake lens and found this old converter I had purchased years ago for an old Sony super 8 camcorder. The threads matched so I screwed it into the lens and noticed that looked OK.

adapted%201.5X.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

adapted%201.5X-2.jpg

adapted%201.5X-3.jpg

To see what focal length would result, I multiplied the 42mm x 1.5 which yields 63mm. To check it, I set up a tripod and shot a picture with the converter on the 14-42 lens and then attempted to duplicate the focal length with my 35-100 f2.8 zoom..

This is the 14-42 with the 1.5X tele converter
    14-42%20with%201.5X.jpg

And this is with the 35-100mm set to 59mm
    35-100%20@%2059mm.jpg

Interesting results. Looks like that little cheap converter can add some usable focal length to the pancake lens :smile:

2. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    While it does work, it looks quite soft (obviously, in comparison to the great Panny 35-100). While it's a quick and dirty solution, you might find that you get results that are at least as good by simply cropping and upsizing the file from the 14-42 without the teleconverter attached.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.