1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

1.4x Digital Teleconverter

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jcm5, Sep 16, 2014.

1. jcm5

jcm5 Mu-43 Veteran

May 12, 2014
    USA
  2. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    only works on new 40-150 and the unreleased 300/4 ... adorama are wrong... Look at the pictures of the teleconvertor and you see a big glass element that will stick into the back of the lens.... all current m/43 lenses have elements too close to the lens mount

K

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carbonman

Carbonman Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Graham
    Adorama is mistaken; the 1.4x converter will only work with the new 40-150mm f2.8 and 300mm f4.0 lenses. The elements protrude too far into the rear of the other M43 lenses.

4. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    *sadface* was hoping to toss this on my O75 for a 105 2.5.

5. jcm5

jcm5 Mu-43 Veteran

May 12, 2014
    USA
    Yeah I figured, based on that front element; I just wanted to make sure... Sad news!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43

6. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    One way that it could possibly work is with 4/3 lenses and the MMF-2/3 adapter, maybe even with legacy lenses and an appropriate adapter.

7. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Houston
    This is something I will have to try with my FD lenses.

8. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Not the first time Adorama has mis-represented. When I bought my E-P2 kit the pic showed the all black kit with the pen F lens cap for the black 17 F2.8. The cap was the only reason I ordered from them instead of B&H, as pricing was on par. When it arrived no cap, it took me 3 months to get the cap, but I had to get Adorama to forward me the funds, and then I had to buy it off of eBay. Never trusted Adorama since, and would call and confirm every detail if I dealt with them again. I will say though, they did do the right thing, and make up for their mistake.

9. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    It isn't a digital teleconverter! It is a real one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LowTEC

LowTEC Mu-43 Regular

I am with you, 75 would be perfect working with a 1.4x, given its ultimate sharpness and large aperture. :crying:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.