1.4 firmware update, how long does it take?

Saelee

Mu-43 Regular
I just got the E-P1 today from adorama, a refurb one. The camera works great but sadly it does not come with the lastest firmware, it came with 1.3.

I download the Olympus update program and is trying to update the firmware. It seems to be stuck or something it has been trying to update for about 10 mins now and still no progress.

On the screen it says "updating the firmware do not disconnect...."

Is something wrong?

VasManI

Mu-43 Regular
Since the firmware updater is pulling the firmware off the Internet, it could take some time depending on your connection speed and possibly the availability of Olympus server(s).

Saelee

Mu-43 Regular
I have high speed comcast internet, so I guess olympus's server was slow. I waited 30 min and it still didn't finish.

I will try again some other time. Is there any other way to do this?

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
That's the only way to do it that I know of.
Remember that your Pen1 is an older camera. So Oly may only have 1 server available for the update.
Take your time... It's a slow process.

Saelee

Mu-43 Regular
I am ok if it really does take that long. I was just hoping that nothing was wrong with my camera because I did buy a refub unit.

Chairman Kaga

New to Mu-43
I recently bought and EPL-1 and when I went to update, i had similar issues. I also have Comcast high speed.
I could never get the updated firmware to download.Multiple calls to Olympus confirmed that their servers were up and running fine.

Finally I went next door to my neighbor's house and she let me use her computer.She has a different ISP. 5 minutes later my camera was updated.

Saelee

Mu-43 Regular
I recently bought and EPL-1 and when I went to update, i had similar issues. I also have Comcast high speed.
I could never get the updated firmware to download.Multiple calls to Olympus confirmed that their servers were up and running fine.

Finally I went next door to my neighbor's house and she let me use her computer.She has a different ISP. 5 minutes later my camera was updated.

Thanks for the tip. I don't have a neighbor that I can use so ill tether my notebook to my phone n try that. I'll let you know how it goes.

update: Sadly the tip you gave me worked. I don't know what is going on with olympus and comcast but I can't update it with my comcast connection. I switched connection to my att 3g smart phone and was able to update the firmware in a few minutes.

the new firmware does feel faster to lock.

Latest threads

Top Bottom