1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

0 second antishock feature and high speed shooting w/ ep5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by oly.sol, Jan 18, 2016.

1. oly.sol

oly.sol Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Cambridge, MA
    is it possible to use the 0 second antishock feature when shooting high speed w/ the ep5? it looks like the little diamond denotes when the antishock is available. if i try going from single shot to high speed shooting, i see a high speed option w/ the little diamond, but it's grayed out. i can only select the regular high speed option.

i've been told the oly menus are difficult to navigate at times. perhaps i need to change a setting elsewhere before the high speed antishock option shows as available? anyone know?

2. oly.sol

oly.sol Mu-43 Regular

Nov 14, 2015
    Cambridge, MA
    not sure my question made since, but i figured out the answers. you can't have the shutter lage set for 0 and select high speed shooting. if you set the lag for at least an 1/8 of a sec, then you can select high speed shooting w/ antishock.
    maybe this is intuitive for some folks, but not for me! i thought might as well try it and it worked.

3. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

No, electronic first curtain cannot be used with burst high, only burst low (even on the newer bodies). Generally your shutter speed will be high enough to avoid shutter shock when you're doing high speed burst shooting of moving subjects anyway right? The newer models allow use of silent electronic shutter during burst high, but you need to watch for rolling shutter if you're tracking something moving.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  4. Yong

Yong Mu-43 Regular

Sep 25, 2014
    You can't get 0-sec anti-schok shot and continuous sequential shooting simultaneously. I heard latest firmware update for E-M1 enabled that, but it's not the case for E-P5. I hoped E-P5 could get identical update, since E-M1 got 0-sec anti-shock mode via firmware update as well as E-P5 in the first place.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  5. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    The latest E-M1 supports H regular and silent modes; not EFC (0 sec) mode. I know this, because I checked on my E-M1.