“.....anyone who says Micro Four Thirds is dead can get stuffed” ‘ David Thorpe

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
In my circle of friends/photography acquaintances, no one talks about m43. There's really not a ton of talk about systems - everyone respects what the other person chooses unless specifically asked.

I find people who wring their hands over the alleged demise of any system are not really photographers- they are consumers. Kind of like tennis players who wear all white yet can't tell their forehand from their backhand.

Formats come and go.
Real photographers will always find a way to express their creativity.

I assume you’ve heard the news of his illness and his apparently final message on his YouTube channel ?
In a hot mess of brash and loudmouth wazzzzupppp YouTubers, David Thorpe was that old tree in a corner of field that you go and sit under on a hot summer day and instantly feel relaxed.

He will be terribly missed. Are there any more details on his health? My prayers to him.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
In my circle of friends/photography acquaintances, no one talks about m43. There's really not a ton of talk about systems - everyone respects what the other person chooses unless specifically asked.

I find people who wring their hands over the alleged demise of any system are not really photographers- they are consumers. Kind of like tennis players who wear all white yet can't tell their forehand from their backhand.

Formats come and go.
Real photographers will always find a way to express their creativity.
Spoken like someone who either has an abundance of disposable income or doesn't have thousands and thousands of dollars tied up in a specific system. Which are you?

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim

The poster clearly has a limited view of why some people may "wring their hands" over the demise of a system. Take for example someone who has thousands invested in lenses and wants to upgrade to a better body. If those bodies are never produced then the person's only options are to stay put with what they have or spend well more for a completely different system, lenses and all. In that case a new $2,000 camera body would be a bargain compared to a body and a handful of lenses. Changing formats is expensive, but it wouldn't be near as bothersome if you had little invested to begin with or enough cash to toss around when you so desired.

I think it's up to the individual to decide why they're concerned about the system (let's call it 'stagnating', which seems more realistic than the possible demise). It's not up to us to pass judgement or belittle those concerns.

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
The poster clearly has a limited view of why some people may "wring their hands" over the demise of a system. Take for example someone who has thousands invested in lenses and wants to upgrade to a better body. If those bodies are never produced then the person's only options are to stay put with what they have or spend well more for a completely different system, lenses and all. In that case a new $2,000 camera body would be a bargain compared to a body and a handful of lenses. Changing formats is expensive, but it wouldn't be near as bothersome if you had little invested to begin with or enough cash to toss around when you so desired.

I think it's up to the individual to decide why they're concerned about the system (let's call it 'stagnating', which seems more realistic than the possible demise). It's not up to us to pass judgement or belittle those concerns.
you have a limited view of why some people may not worry - namely, they can continue to shoot with their gear and not worry about acquiring "new stuff"

It's not up to you to pass judgement or belittle those concerns.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
he poster clearly has a limited view of why some people may "wring their hands" over the demise of a system.
Yes he does have a tendency to poo poo other people's concerns if they are not shared by him and to then declare them not real photographers, uncreative, or not very good as photography and other dismissive negatives.

It's not up to you to pass judgement or belittle those concerns.
I believe that was exactly the point he was making about the other poster.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom