Start a Photo A Day project today...

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hello everyone,

I've been following Amy Medina's photo a day project, on and off since she began back in July 2009... I was delighted to find a writeup by Amy on Steve Huff's website here - a truly inspiring read!

Take a look, and why not start a PAD project of your own?

I think I'll start mine today... using our cool blog facility.

If you'd like to join me in this exercise, please post a link to your blog here.

Cheers

Brian

kai.e.g.

Mu-43 Regular
I was enthusiastic about doing a PAD, but I just couldn't sustain it. So I thought I could handle a Picture a Week... and my web galleries are even structured that way. But the truth is, I couldn't even manage that most years! I'm just not very disciplined, I think. I have to say that I came closest to achieving this after I bought my little GRD-2, which went with me everywhere during 2009. It's always with me, even since acquiring the E-P1 earlier this year.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Brian, I think that this idea has great merit. Flickr has a 365 Project as well. I would love to join up but right now I'm dealing with my camera controls first :dash2: :rolleyes: :wink: and deal with Don's "Image Quest".

However, once I get my act together I shall try.

kai.e.g., I appreciate your comments very much.

I do solemnly swear to try to be better disciplined.:biggrin:

steve

Mu-43 Veteran
I started a 365 project on January 1. It has been rewarding, frustrating, invigorating, annoying, inspiring, depressing, loathsome and fun. I have connected with a few other photographers on this path recently and have shared the joys and tribulations of the PAD project. At best, it is making me a better photographer. I try to see the world differently. The 365 project is what brought me to micro four thirds in the first place. I wanted a camera that I could carry with me every I go. The DSLR just wasn't going to cut it. At worst, it's making me a lousy husband. I'm glad my wife understands. If you're interested:

http://margulis6019.c3.cmdwebsites.com/blog/

rst

Mu-43 Regular
Oh, I have since January an A Print A Week project, but it is not m43, it is pinhole camera.

But I will follow your blog.

Cheers
rst

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
Good on you Brian, I may attempt this in the future, I look forward to viewing as you progress

Hello everyone,

I've been following Amy Medina's photo a day project, on and off since she began back in July 2009... I was delighted to find a writeup by Amy on Steve Huff's website here - a truly inspiring read!

Take a look, and why not start a PAD project of your own?

I think I'll start mine today... using our cool blog facility.

If you'd like to join me in this exercise, please post a link to your blog here.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Thanks guys,

having people following my daily blog will keep me motivated - I'm sure we could all use more self discipline, and knowing that people will be watching and wondering 'how long will he keep it going' adds a necessary edge :rofl:

Here's Day 2... what about titles?

Cheers

Brian

JohnKendrick

Mu-43 Regular
Terrific photos, Steve. I grew up just north of Austin, spent more than a few years there as an undergraduate at UT, still have family in Austin, so visit at least once year. Was just in the Hill Country within the past couple of years.

steve

Mu-43 Veteran
Terrific photos, Steve. I grew up just north of Austin, spent more than a few years there as an undergraduate at UT, still have family in Austin, so visit at least once year. Was just in the Hill Country within the past couple of years.

Oddly enough, I grew up in New Jersey. I was in Matawan until I was 9, then moved to Cherry Hill. I lived in Austin in the early 90's, then Philly, London, New York, and now Houston. Thank for the nice words about my pics.

flyby

Mu-43 Regular
Ok..I'm in for this. Great way for me to actually learn how to use my camera! Here's my Blog address:
/www.mu-43.com/blog.php?u=510

Now all the remains to be seen is if I can actually do this! Great Idea!!!

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
OK, day 3 just posted... the first 90 days will be the hardest - it will then become a habit.

Just going to focus on reaching 5 days straight, and take something interesting each day.

Cheers

Brian

pointoneeight

Mu-43 Regular
Brian I'm going to join in tonight, I've also been pondering this for a while as I've been trying to take a photo every other day for my flickr.

Getting a varied contrast between my days sat in front of a computer at work and the world outside will be a good challenge. I joined flickr and contribute to the pools to help me look at things differently, hopefully this will do the same :) thanks for the inspiration to get going!

Though as BBW says... must be disciplined...

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
That's fantastic pointoneeight,

I was hoping we could help and inspire each other in this joint venture! This can be our own PAD support group. :2thumbs:

Anyone else care to join us?

Cheers

Brian

kai.e.g.

Mu-43 Regular
Twist my arm, why don't you! I'm seriously tempted now. The only proviso for my part would be: not every day's picture would necessarily be m4/3rds (though the bulk of them would be). Sometimes by necessity, I am out and about with nothing more than a genuinely pocketable camera (for example, if out skiing or something), which would be my GRD2... or (dare I say this) only in an emergency... my iPhone. I'll clearly label these occasional exceptions. So if that's OK, I'm in!

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Kai, it would be wonderful to have you join this wave of enthusiasm (well, I'm projecting here... but what the heck, you have to start with a dream! Lol)

Let's get committed here (I know, I probably should be committed :wink:)... who's next?

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi BB,

it's an interesting challenge... if you can take one photograph, I guess you can take one the next day, and the next, and the next... and if you know that we're all waiting for your next image - and wanting to discuss the journey - it seems to me that we have a serious and exciting opportunity to progress our photography here!

It's up to you, but there's nothing to lose - and lots to gain :2thumbs:

Besides, the more of us doing this, the more fun it will be to share!

Cheers

Brian

thearne3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sucker for challenges...but not for Lent!

Ok Brian,

I took the challenge and have started a Photo a Day blog (now listed in Blogs). Just to avoid any confusion: not for Lent! Tho' I reserve the right to reconsider continuing after 40 days...

Happy to join the PAD club!

Latest threads

Top Bottom