What are you reading?

atom

Mu-43 Regular
I instantly fell in love with my Kindle. I'm sure you'll love it.

I'm reading Gulliver's Travels. Never read it before and it's hilarious. Just finished The Postman Always Rings Twice - James. Cain. Great little crime novel that I read in two sittings.

hanzo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chan
Reviving the thread.
Simultaneously reading Currency Wars and Rational Optimist by Matt Ridley. Quite an interesting read.

dpj

Mu-43 Regular
At the moment Bill Bryson - Neither Here Nor There. I love Bryson' way of writing, he has the sarchasm and wit of a man who lived for a long time in England, but mixed with the descriptiveness of some of the great US writers. Perfect for me.

Yotsuba

Mu-43 Regular
I have recently read a few thriller from James Patterson, to me he is the best thriller writer.

zpuskas

Mu-43 Veteran
Since I prefer historical works, Stephen E Ambrose's "Nothing Like It in The World"...the story of building the---USA--transcontinental railroad which started in the 1850's.

hanzo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chan
I'm also in the middle of 'Greater Journey', but its on hold at the moment, as is with dozens of other books :biggrin:. Tales of Americans in Paris, which is interesting. I didn't know F.B. Morse was a painter.

Rudi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just finished Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. Right now I'm reading The Art Of Racing In The Rain by Garth Stein.

hunyuan7

Mu-43 Regular
Frederick Noad's Solo Guitar Playing

I've been stuck on chapter 12 since 2006.

noelh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Bayview Township, SouthShore of Lake Superior
Picked up a Kindle Touch last November. Bad thing. Too many books to choose from. Too many new authors to check out. Downloading to read ratio is ~2:1. ereaderiq.com allows too easy searching for free or inexpensive kindle books. Plus Overdrive enabled library downloads.

This week finished off Hugh Howey's last novel in the Wool series. A short story by Bernard Schaffer titled The Kyoshi Scroll. Started rereading Hemingway's "The Old Man and the Sea". For those brief moments of idle time selections from "One Verse Poems - Poems For the Twitter Generation" & "Amish Prayers".

hanzo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chan
Resurrecting this thread :biggrin:

Just finish End this Depression NOWWW!!! (well.. I got my OMD today.. so I'm financially depressed.. LoL)
And in the middle of Quiet: the power of introverts..

What an eye opener.. :smile:

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Martin Parr
Author: Sandra S. Phillips / Phaidon Press

View attachment 227472

And without the cat . . .

bs-9780714845289.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

w00cash666

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Łukasz Głowacki
"American Gods" by Neil Gaiman

Gaiman became my favorite writer few years and and I am trying to read all of his books now. My first was "Neverwhere" and I fell in love with his writing.

I'm a big fan of fantasy, apparently.

RicardoAC

Mu-43 Rookie
Well, i´m a compulsive reader...:biggrin:

Bruce Lee - the Tao of Jet Kune Do , on my tablet;
The Bible, almost every day i read some words;

I finish reading:
Gene Stone - Secrets of people who never get sick;
Julia Navarro - Tell me who am i.

Latest threads

Top Bottom