Just Got An Email From Steve Huff...

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
He'll be featuring a few of my photos on his website's "Daily Inspiration" section where he chooses a certain photographer to spotlight.

I'll post a link here as soon as he posts it on his site.

Real Name
Walter
Great photos, Tom. I think the other lesson to draw from this is to have a camera with you always. You never know when that opportune shot will present itself. Even though I use an MFT system, I admit to not always having my camera with me and missing a great photo opp. At times like that, I just relax and enjoy the moment. :)

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
Exactly. Sometimes we all fuss about gear but then we never carry it with us on a daily basis. The main thing is to try and shoot every day, even if it's with just a smartphone.

These days, I carry at least three cameras, not including my iPhone, every single day and try to shoot at the very least 10 images and hopefully I can get one keeper that's worth post processing. I also try to spend at least one day a week with the purpose of shooting for the majority of the day. This week I have some free time so I've committed myself to go out shooting tomorrow (Thursday) until Sunday.

Before I bought my Ricoh GR Digital III in 2009, I never carried my camera with me because I was shooting a Canon DSLR which was too big and heavy. These days, shooting mirrorless and compacts, I can carry a few cameras that fit every situation I might run into.

Great photos, Tom. I think the other lesson to draw from this is to have a camera with you always. You never know when that opportune shot will present itself. Even though I use an MFT system, I admit to not always having my camera with me and missing a great photo opp. At times like that, I just relax and enjoy the moment. :)

dornblaser

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
David Dornblaser
I think that having a camera with you is a very important point. That is one reason why I laud the E-M10/E-M5 with O17 combo so much. It fits so nicely in my messenger bag. I can see the X100 filling a similar role.

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Gustav
nice ones there. to shame that u was districted to only show three photos..

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Congratulations on the recognition and nicely written article.

Bold choice to stick a (not unwarranted) shot at Huff's website design in your first sentence. ;)

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
Thanks.

In regards to the "shot", he's a guy who always says that he tells it like it is. It wasn't a shot at his site but an honest remark which I'll assume he's big enough to be on the receiving end of a general critique. Truth be told, his site indeed looks unpolished but I do like the content and his opinions because he sticks by them although I may not agree with everything he says (i.e. Fuji cameras). Overall, I thought it was a compliment. :biggrin:

Congratulations on the recognition and nicely written article.

Bold choice to stick a (not unwarranted) shot at Huff's website design in your first sentence. ;)

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
That's basically my main setup in my daily camera bag that I carry with me every single time I step outside my door. The E-M5 II and X100T. Third camera is usually my little Ricoh and I always have my iPhone 6 Plus with me as well.

I may be leaving my Ricoh at home more though since I'm really liking shooting the X100T with the 28mm wide conversion lens.

I think that having a camera with you is a very important point. That is one reason why I laud the E-M10/E-M5 with O17 combo so much. It fits so nicely in my messenger bag. I can see the X100 filling a similar role.

Latest threads

Top Bottom