THREE DOORS DOWN

Robert Watcher

Mu-43 All-Pro
THREE DOORS DOWN

TravelLiteShootHeavy-20150425-EPL57759.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Robert Watcher

Mu-43 All-Pro
It's kind of fun sometimes to see the process taken to get a shot - - - from seeing the potential, anticipating and waiting until elements are in the right place, or not. Then being able to switch to a new strong composition in mid-stream when events change.

I was heading home from the centre of the city, capturing all that interested me as I walked by. I don't often stop for more than a second to grab my images. They are literally on the fly. It was later in the afternoon as the sun was dropping - using ISO 3200 with my zoom lens wide open.

I noticed the colours on this wall and the boy walking along the street with a bag of buns to deliver, from the bakery 3 doors down the street. Initially I just figured he was walking by and so waited for my first shot, until he was in a position to be framed walking against the wall. I would have been content with that shot to add to similar collection that I have. But then he jumped up the steps and dropped the buns off at the house and then left.

The whole sequence took a mere 15 seconds and then I moved on to capture doorways and people right beside and along the street. The boy never noticed me and has no eye contact until the last shot when he was walking away and I began to move.

TravelLiteShootHeavy-20150425-EPL57756-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

------

These are all full camera frame basically from the camera, as taken.

Frame #1 - 5:30:04 PM (the shot I was going for)
Frame #2 - 5:30:07 PM
Frame #3 - 5:30:15 PM
Frame #4 - 5:30:16 PM (shot with the perfect symmetry and body placement)
Frame #5 - 5:30:17 PM
Frame #6 - 5:30:19 PM

Latest threads

Top Bottom