Is it possible to have "new threads" instead of "trending"?

Mu-43 Legend
On the right hand side of the top page is "trending" when what I'm most interested in is new threads. Trending can sit there for a long time, and you miss what's new. If not, then I guess i'll just make a bookmark to "New Posts" and stop coming to the home page???

lomomentum

Mu-43 Regular
Ha! I agree. But the word 'trending' is the new BS buzzword of the world. In fact it's a word that is trending more than any other word. Utter cobblers!

Mu-43 Legend
hmmmm... that works, but now I can't see the lead story.

Oh well. You didn't ask for a vote, but my vote would be "recent" (not trending) and featured stories on the same page, but I'm sure you've got other things to work on.

kingduct

Mu-43 Veteran
I also would prefer new posts, rather than trending, which tends to reinforce a few conversations.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
It's rare that I do anything which I think people would vote against (Trending rather than New), but this is one of those times. I just think the site front page should highlight the most interesting content.

Last edited:

Mu-43 Legend
Interesting conundrum. For regulars who come all the time through the day (like me), I am interested in seeing the new posts and if something gets featured. For newbies or occasional visitors, I could see trending as being important, to get their interest with the most engaging threads, rather than 1 post and done kinds of threads.

Interesting decisions you web masters have to make.

Sammyboy

m43 Pro
I like the old set-up better, this new set-up is not as user friendly. I find myself shying away from the site, it's just not smooth to navigate.

unkabin

Mu-43 Regular
I posted this in the new site software thread a while ago, but it was the last post before the thread started a new page, and I think it may have been overlooked. On the old site, in addition to the new posts (or here the trending threads), was a separate list of new posts strictly on the images sections of the forum. Any chance of that returning?

kingduct

Mu-43 Veteran
Thanks. I find this an improvement. I would be fine if you kept both new and trending, but if you do so, perhaps you should reduce the number of new threads shown from 50 to 25 or so. I think 10 for trending is good as is and the numbers for hot deals and buy and sell also seem fine as is.

Latest threads

Top Bottom