Getting my first flash unit

lowlight

Mu-43 Regular
First, sorry for another "what gear" post but i`m having big trouble to decide what to get.

I have the opportunity to buy 2x Younguo 560III With 602 transmitter slightly used for 2200 Nok (approx 298 USD)

At the same time, my local camera store is selling the Metz 52 AF1 for the same prize.

With the metz i will get TTL and Fast sync.
The youngnuos are wery popular and a great value.

Now i`m Just starting out with flash and after reading and watching hours of video i think i got the basic theory locked in.

Is it stupid to start out with 2 flashguns?
Should TTL and fast sync speed weigh more in my decision than an extra flashgun and wireless triggering?

lowlight

Mu-43 Regular
sorry, i forgot that paragraph,

I want to use it for portraits and maybe some creative lightning in my other photographs

DaveEP

Mu-43 All-Pro
The Yongnuo is also a great flash system, though I recommend getting the 560TX unit to go with the 560-III flashes since it gives you a lot more control over the remote flashes and really isn't that expensive.

YN560-III
Yongnuo YN560-III Speedlight Review

YN560TX
Yongnuo YN560TX Transmitter Review

Be careful how much you pay. I bought mine from ebay BRAND NEW for less than you're looking at. Around £114 ($180) for 2xYN560-III and a 560TX transmitter including shipping.

YN560-IV review coming shortly...

The metz is a great flash and on my list to review but there something you need to think about carefully before making any decisions.

What type of portraits are you planning on?
1) If they are home / studio based then having 2 or 3 lights in manual mode is better than just one, though of course you can still take great portraits with one light and a reflector.

2) If they are mostly out-and-about shots on location without much setup time then having a flash that has TTL capabilities could be very useful for balancing against daylight and backgrounds.

lowlight

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks for the rewievs!

I know the youngnuos are cheap, but buying them out off country (Norway) will give me a customs fee somewhere around 75$ + a 3-5 week waiting period.

The 560tx is definately something i have been looking at.

Im considering the youngnuo's and gettibg some good quality nd filters for the sunny days. And learning manual flash is high on my list over things i want to lesrn and understand

Latest threads

Top Bottom