Featured: 'GH3 in Egypt...' by hypnomatt

pointbob

Mu-43 Regular
Matt - I'm assuming it was 7-14mm lens? Really lovely images - how is the safety aspect of Egypt these days as a tourist?

ggibson

Mu-43 Regular
Great shots! Love seeing more UW photos here. I'm shooting with the E-PL1 and 9-18mm underwater, but I don't have a dome port yet.

Do you usually shoot without a strobe? Ever use red filters to help with color correction?

hypnomatt

Mu-43 Regular
Yes pointbob it's a 7-14. Only the English and Russians are in Sharm these days. A lot of European countries will not fly to the Sinai as they claim there is a specific terrorist threat in the region. I don't care about things like that. If ya numbers up ya numbers up....
ggibson, strobes are hard so wide and I primarily shoot video underwater where strobes are useless beyond six feet. I use a magic filter fitted to the back of the lens. You have to manual white balance every few metres.

Zee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Surry Hills, Aus/ Baguio & Manila, Philippines
Awesome stuff - one or two could do with minor white balance tweaks, but that is the absolute harshest criticism I can make. Love your work! I'm aching to house my EM-1...

Also, great work with no strobes! Oh, an dyes, B&W conversion is about as good as I have ever seen for underwater.

Z...

flamingfish

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Emily
^^ This.

Also, remember that underwater housings are not foolproof. One tiny, imperceptible bit of lint or grain of sand on your o-ring, and they flood. Watching your housing slowly fill with water when you're fifty feet under gives you a very special feeling.

mattia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Stunning shots! If I dived more I might get an underwater housing for one of the MFT cams. The rx100 with a wet lens does very well indeed, however, and the setup including camera was not too crazy.

hypnomatt

Mu-43 Regular
Woah lot of scare mongering here. Just obsessively check ya o rings and you'll be fine. Also just make sure your gear is covered for water damage ( don't tell em you're taking it underwater) and you'll be covered. It needn't be a bottomless pit of money either if you do ya research and spend wisely. If you love diving and love taking photos go for it. You can't love ya life in fear that's just silly.

sethdove

New to Mu-43
I registered here just to say these are gorgeous and amazing. Especially that first one.

SeeingtheWorldat25mm

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Tom
Wow! I've been away for a bit and when I pop in to see what' been going on, this is what see!
Amazing, amazing set of photos!
This might have been asked, but what was your system setup (external strobes, etc.)?

Pyrate

Mu-43 Regular
So curious, any filter used here, or are you just shooting raw and color correcting

Latest threads

Top Bottom