Any forum-members use either the Pogo or Selphy ?

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
I'm interested in a cheap, no fuss photo-printer.

Convenience (minimal desk real-estate, no ink to dry or smear etc) and cost would trump image quality (unless that equates to 'truly awful').

Both of these seem to have a small following in the craft/scrap-book community.

Both appear to have their share of issues (Canons lack of driver updates for OS X is annoying) - any comments on which is least worst ?

If I printed more than 10 pictures or more I'd likely go to my local photo store but for a quick hard-copy to stick on the fridge or tack on the wall I'd likely use this type of printer.

dafloyd

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Dirk Essl
I have an old Kodak printer that has drivers through the gutenprint project and I like it very much. It's one of those kodak camera printer docks that can do pictbridge and does work on a mac.
My pogo printer is a fun device, I use it primarily for labeling things. The biggest drawback from the pogo is that it doesn't work with an ios device out of the box and I had to fiddle around with a raspberry pi to make to print through AirPrint.

If I would need to buy one now, I would buy a basic AirPrint enabled photo printer with thermo sublimation.

Latest threads

Top Bottom