Amazon Daily Deal: Seagate 3TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive = for $95 w/ Free Shipping

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Need an external drive for backups? The one I use is Amazon's Deal of the Day:

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Backu..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1Q28PX31KQ6TGSJ7EN09

It's a very speedy drive (3TB Barracuda) if you use a USB 3.0 interface. Faster than most of my internal HDD drives for transferring large files. Highly recommended, and this is about $20 cheaper than the usual price at most retailers. Works great for Mac or Windows (has to be reformatted for Macs since it comes w/ NTFS file system)

Lawrence A.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Larry
Tempting, but so is a film camera I've got my eye on. Decisions decisions. I'll got through the link here no matter which one I end up getting.

JDK504

Mu-43 Top Veteran
looks good, but shows the 3tb at 118 dollars? did they change teh price?

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Don't these run incredibly hot and have a very low MTBF?

I can't tell you statistics from other people, but I have four of these in frequent use pretty much since they came out. Never noticed any heat and have had no failures. I use the same 3GB Seagate Barracuda drives in RAID 0 inside my main PC, and those have been solid a well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mu-43 mobile app

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
Only thing to be aware of if using for a Mac, it is a start the format, and walk away for lunch, dinner, following breakfast, etc. 3TB takes a while to reformat...

Otherwise great spot, and a great deal for people who got one!

Latest threads

Top Bottom