Attracting more nice people to mu-43

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hello everyone,

I'm really encouraged by the 'vibe' of our active members, and confident that we will attract more and more positive, imaginative and enthusiastic individuals to our community over the next few days and weeks...

So much so, that I'm e-mailing my friends personally - who I know and respect from around the web, to ask that they join us here... every individual member is what makes this a vibrant community - distinct from any other forum out there, and I want to share this space with the people I respect and enjoy hearing from.

I know it's only been a very short time... but am I imagining this? or do you feel something similar?

Cheers

Brian

Bullfrog

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I share your sentiments Brian. I find this to be a very good place to hang out and interact and unlike other camera forums I've taken part in. I enjoy the contributions and the very 'helpful' feel of the place.

It's good to be here.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
"You can get anything you want at (Alice's)...Amin's Restaurant.

Youse might be to young to know this but Cosina, well he get's it....fer sure...
Shooter

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
I may be young, but I'm also gifted :cool: :rofl:

<param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/b8DtpdXZi0M&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/b8DtpdXZi0M&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cheers

Brian

Elliot

Mu-43 Regular
Hi Brian,
I got your email today, and jumped on quickly. I shall try and stay involved as time permits but I am glad you reminded me that there are other M43 forums.

I have been around for a lot of years, and 33 of them were spent with Nikon as a sales and technical rep until early retirement and yes I still own current Nikon's and Nikon glass.

After I left Nikon, I did a stint in the world of camera store retail, just to keep involved, and then after enough of that, I formed my own company, which is Blue Ridge Workshops. It is an imaging based workshop with lots of workshops and classes of all types of adventures and education. I have several other contracted instructors who are great.

I currently use in the M43, EP-1, EP-1 infrared converted by Spencer's in Utah, an EP-2 which is just incredible in looks and viewfinder, and have way to many lenses already, both m43 and Voigtlander.

I very rarely if ever pick up my heavier gear anymore because it is just to much to carry and not at all handy when I want that quick, just happening shot. It is also to much to carry on most of the excursions I take. The M43 image quality and functionality and size makes it the ideal camera in the modern age to have with me all the time.

We have made arrangements with Olympus to do 3 workshops this year. Two 3 day workshops and 1 half day workshop and I am hoping for signups.
Time will tell.

I know this site will take off so please keep up the good work and thanks again for getting hold of me.

Elliot

The day M43 hit the market place I bought the EP1 and instantly fell in love

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Elliot, welcome!

For those who haven't Googled it already, Elliott's company Blue Ridge Workshops is here.

Elliot, please keep us abreast of your workshops, etc!

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Near &quot;Playland&quot; outside of NYC, NY, USA
Elliott's Blue Ridge Workshops site and offerings look very promising. I love the Blue Ridge Mountains and have been thinking about a trip down there.

I can see it now an mu-43 workshop in that breathtaking setting...:wink:

Elliot

Mu-43 Regular
There are 3 workshops planned for 4/3 and Micro 4/3 users this year. One is in May and that is a one day workshop.

The next is in the fall in the Shenandoah region and that is a Friday,Saturday,Sunday.

The next after that is on Chincoteague in the Fall in November. We did a non Olympus workshop there last Fall (November) and attached a Nikon 600mm 4.0 on the EP1 (1200mm) with the Novoflex adapter.

I have a ton of Panasonic, Voigtlander primes, and Olympus glass and Olympus themselves will provide a tech person, sales person, and I shall have two of our own instructors there at the same time.

Elliot

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
For anyone in the UK, and unable to take advantage of those great workshops (thanks Elliot) - we're (the Olympus Photo Safari Group) organising a number of free events over the next few weeks - all over the UK.

I'm planning a number of Peak District landscape events, where I will be happy to give 1:1 tuition on all Olympus DSLR and m4/3rds cameras - as well as guided walks over some of the most beautiful and accessible landscape country in the UK.

The Olympus Photo Safari Group is a 100% free enterprise... it's a worldwide, self support network we've been building for the last couple of years.

Cheers

Brian

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Near &quot;Playland&quot; outside of NYC, NY, USA
Elliot, thank you so much for letting us know about those upcoming workshops. Chicoteague in November sounds really enticing...but so does that one in the fall, in the Shendoah area. Now you've really piqued my interest! I'll have to look more carefully at your website for the information.

Elliot

Mu-43 Regular
From Elliot

For anyone who might be interested, I put out one to several news letters a month for Blue Ridge Workshops. This is a link to the last one just a few dayts ago.

http://blueridgeworkshops.createsen...31698E6B5214/4EF5A2525E1F0DB82540EF23F30FEDED

If for any reason you would like to be on the list for this news letter please send me an email at BlueridgeWS@mac.com.

While we support all brands, I have just personally fallen in love with Micro Four Thirds, and work closely with the Olympus folks here in the Virginia, Maryland, DC, West Virginia area. Thanks and this really is a great site. Well done to all who have put it together.

Elliot

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
right back at ya shooter , thank ya kindly , i really like this forum and the first one i joined is excellent also, e-p1.net...... many great post and wonderful reading and useful links and info at both forums ,

i visit each forum daily

shooter your website should be required reading :) ,
i hope someday i put one together 1\2 as good

Boyzo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Seems a great place with the right focus great alternative to the dpr forum that can get very busy or the excellent getdpi forum.

Good feature is the individual Oly m43 and Pany m43 forum's a feature absent in other forums.

Despite the new so called APS mirror-less Cameras that are here or forthcoming the m43 system makes more sense.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Glad ya like it here. We're not competing with any other forums. In fact many including myself belong to others. This place is the most relaxed but provides great info by it's wonderful members, that you are now a part of...
shooter

Latest threads

Top Bottom