what photography related item did you buy this week?

jeffryscott

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Oly 12mm to go with the 17 and 45 primes. Debating still, but may turn the trio into a 12-40. Extra speed, or convenience, the age old question.

MAubrey

Photographer
Real Name
Mike Aubrey
A Mamiya M645 1000S with an Sekor C 80mm f/1.9 lens. I haven't touched film in a few years and since I already have digital μ43 & 35mm format, I decided it would be appropriate to give medium format ago--all black & white since it's generally the easiest to develop.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Was going to get some more chocolate/tropical eneloops, but read some people saying the quality of those was no longer what it was capacity/lifetime wise. Decided to spring for some Turnigy LSD NiMH's this time from Hobbyking -

EWtEHEp.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

guess we'll see how they go.

hrsy1234

Mu-43 Regular
A Digital Ocean VPS (Virtual Private Server) to use as the hosting platform for the fantastic web gallery app Koken ( http://koken.me/ ) I've used loads of Gallerys (Carbonmade, Wordpress, PortfolioBox, SquareSpace) and Koken is on another level. I had my previous Koken install on another hosting provider and it just wasn't working very well.

Super easy to set up and doesn't require much technical nous. The back-end photo library / CMS feature is very familiar to anyone who has used Lightroom, plus there's the plugin to export directly from Lightroom into Koken. $5/mth for the cheapest VPS is more than enough for Koken.

This will get you $10 which will run the VPS for two months. https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=a1479a688b47

Lcrunyon

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Loren
Camo LensCoat for my bird photography lens. Don't know if the birds will really care, but since the lens is Canon white, I figure it couldn't hurt, and it could offer some protection to the lens. Besides, I wear camo when I am doing bird photography anyway.

Wolfeye

Mu-43 Regular
Three growlers from a local brewery to use for darkroom chemical storage.
960x463_skullGrowlers.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's more than three. :)

faithblinded

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
Camo LensCoat for my bird photography lens. Don't know if the birds will really care, but since the lens is Canon white, I figure it couldn't hurt, and it could offer some protection to the lens. Besides, I wear camo when I am doing bird photography anyway.
I wear full camo, and it certainly helps. Combined with some decent bushcraft, it can get you alot closer than plain clothes. I too recently purchased a lenscoat for my new to me 300mm lens. If nothing else, it makes the lens alot easier to handle on days when the metal parts get cold enough to suck all the heat from your hand in a moment. I think anything that helps break up the outlines is good. Once I decide on a new tripod, I will get camo covers for the legs too.

A while back I bought a Jobu Jr3 gimbal for my 40-150, and the upcoming 300f4. Now that I bought a 300 2.8, I decided to add the side mount arca clamp to my Jobu, so I can use it more effectively with my 300 2.8.

Itchybiscuit

Photon Mangler
Real Name
Ivor
I managed to snag a bargain on the bay at the weekend, A Panasonic GF2 with 14-42mm and 14mm f2.5 bundle. I got a really good buy so I'm well pleased.

Who's a jammy bugger then? :2thumbs:

Last edited:

Itchybiscuit

Photon Mangler
Real Name
Ivor
Aye, I basically bought it for the 14mm. I couldn't afford one so this deal hit the spot. I won't be keeping the GF2 or the 14-42mm as I have both a G2 and a G5 with their own 14-42's. I might even get my money back! :eek-31:

Real Name
Andrew L
That's always fun to do, I bought a GF3 that was basically free with the 14mm and later sold the 14mm for the price I'd paid for the package, so my little GF3 just hangs out for the occasions when I slap the 9mm BCL on it for daytime fisheye.

Itchybiscuit

Photon Mangler
Real Name
Ivor
That's always fun to do, I bought a GF3 that was basically free with the 14mm and later sold the 14mm for the price I'd paid for the package, so my little GF3 just hangs out for the occasions when I slap the 9mm BCL on it for daytime fisheye.

Aye, it takes me a long time to buy camera equipment cheaply then sell it back on the bay but needs must. Once I accumulate enough funds I'll hang around the bay like a bad smell, 'watching' scores of lenses/cameras until I strike it lucky and pip someone else at the post. I honestly think I get more enjoyment out of doing that than I would walking into a camera shop and slapping my money on the counter!

Latest threads

Top Bottom