Mike's Cameras (in SF)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Mijo, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

Just wanted to give some Bay Area members heads up about a relatively new camera store in the city, Mike's, that's located next to the Safeway on Market and Church. I went in for the first time last week just to check it out and was suprised to find they have a decent selection of m4/3, in comparison to some of the other stores in the city.
    Advertisement

Mike's had many of the newer Oly bodies and slightly less Panny bodies. They had a GH3 in stock and out on display, I got some hands on time with it. Their lens selection isn't that deep but the saleman indicated that they had more on the way. They don't buy or sell used equipment, but they do carry a small amount of darkroom supplies.

2. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Denis
    Thanks for the heads-up, Mijo.

I'm in the Mission quite a bit so this is a not-too-distant walk from the gf's place. I'll check it out.

Samy's at 9th and Bryant has a bunch of m/43 stuff out (including a black 75mm which I bought on the spot) and a nice selection of Domke bags and pretty much everything else. It's sort of a big box store but I found that every one of the staff I talked with were polite and helpful, unlike that other big store that starts with a C.

3. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

I keep forgetting about Samy's, I might have to go down there and check out the black version of the Oly lenses (Mike's didn't have those). Mike's is definately lacking in the bags department.

4. denis_sf

denis_sf Mu-43 Regular

Denis
    I got the only black 75 as of Pride weekend. :) Maybe they restocked since. Ironically, I went in just looking for a spare battery. *sigh*

It's a really nicely laid-out store.

5. Mijo

Mijo Mu-43 Veteran

FYI - Mike's lost it's lease and has recently closed in the city, I went by yesterday.

6. peter124

peter124 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

The is a Mike's in Menlo Park, in the former Ritz Cameras location on Santa Cruz Ave. They had several M43 cameras on the shelf when I stopped by a couple of weeks back.

• Like Like x 2