Summer of Pictures II: a daily picture thread

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I feel like it's time again to stretch myself with another "shot a day" challenge. So in honor of last year's Summer of Pictures thread that mod emeritus Kevin Dixey organized, and as an homage to that staple of Hollywood summer fare, the sequel, I'd like to propose a Summer of Pictures II. Obviously, I'd welcome any of you to join me in this endeavor.

As was the case last year, this effort will run from July 4 (Independence Day here in the US) through September 2 (Labor Day in the US). Despite the very American centricity of the choice of these particular dates, I would very much like to encourage participation from anyone regardless of your geographic location. I also realize that it's not summer for those of you who live in the southern hemisphere (however do you keep from falling off the planet living down there :wink:), but I've kept the "summer of pictures" name as a hat tip to the original thread. Also, despite the thread title, images do not need to be related to the topic of "summer" -- any subjects are welcome and diversity is encouraged as one point of the exercise is to help us expand our boundaries.

The rules are dead simple:
  1. Try to post a single shot each day during the challenge. If you miss a day (or a week), don't worry, no one is judging you.
  2. Since this is a :43: forum, images shot with :43: equipment are encouraged, but this is not strictly a requirement.
  3. Most importantly: HAVE FUN!
The other thing I'd love to see with this thread is for it to be a sort of informal image salon where the participants can feel free to provide comments and critique on others images. If you would like to participate in that aspect of the experience, please note something like "c/c encouraged" in your posts so that others will feel free to comment on your images.

Artorius

Mu-43 Regular
Took this picture yesterday. There was a fence in the way so it may look slightly hazy. Shot with a GH2+Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 55 f1.8 @f4

Cow2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

nstelemark

Originally E.V.I.L.
Real Name
Larry

dlew

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Dennis

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I really like this idea! I am going to try to take images that tell a story each day. The odds on being successful are zip but it is a goal :wink:.

I can't wait to see what you come up with. :thumbup:

or guess who ran out of propane at supper time!

I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me. Eventually I got myself a backup propane tank, but even that hasn't completed saved me from making that emergency trip to the gas station.

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
july 4th dessert.... stepping into another area i'm not comfortable in: baking cakes (and decorating them). Yummy finish to a huge BBQ Dinner. [c/c welcomed.]

9211544869_2a4c3f6705_b.jpg

I like the angle you chose on this and the way that the tablecloth really drives the theme home.

I was similarly inspired to do some baking for the holiday:
9214144731_17fe83f869_c.jpg

_7042070 by DeeJayK, on Flickr

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith

nstelemark

Originally E.V.I.L.
Real Name
Larry
A two fer - images of image creation equipment - c/c encouraged

9217240775_c88ea7ab39_o.jpg
View attachment 289291

I was picking up some sunglasses today and I took a couple of images of their antique lens measuring equipment. I hope whoever felt they needed my sunglasses more than I did in the side pocket of my bag in the overhead compartment of my last flight really likes them!

So which one of the two do you like?

12-50 @ 43mm Macro ISO 1600 F6 1/20

PENasonic

Mu-43 Regular
P1020184.JPG

using the trusty Panny G1 and Oly 14-42mm lens.

super8man

Mu-43 Regular
Oly E-P2 w/Hexanon 50 f1.7
9221718184_812060fc52_z.jpg

nstelemark

Originally E.V.I.L.
Real Name
Larry
This is a picture I have wanted to take for a while. It is at the entrance to the road to my kids paddling club. I never get a chance to stop as I am always rushing in and out. Today I made time for a "summer" shot.

9221564533_d7ff485057_o.jpg

P7060029 by pelicaneng, on Flickr

14-54ii at 23mm F9 1/400

Matero

Mu-43 Top Veteran
2013 Summer in Parga Greece

Olympus PEN E-PM2 with 14-42mm IIR 42mm 1/100 f5.6

2013_Summer_in_Parga_Greece.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom