Featured Forum Thread: 'Now I'm Rich and Famous!...'

Lawrence A.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Larry
That Chris is something to be proud ^5. You are famous to all your µ4/3 buds ... and after you buy us all congratulatory beers ... the good thing is that you'll still be famous.

Gary

Broke and drunk, but famous.

Congratulations!

Chrisnmn

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Chris, you should think of photographing our deserts and mountains. Hiking through Death Valley and the Sierra Nevada will shift your photographic salivary glands into high. Yosemite is arguable the prettiest piece of real estate in the world, next door is Kings Canyon where the Sequoias party, a quick drive down Highway 1, (aka Pacific Coast Highway, arguably the most scenic road in the world), along the central coast to Carmel and Pt. Lobos, where Adams and Weston lived.

Take a year off, get a grant from Olympus and come to California. I think you should exercise your talents here.

Gary

Ok Gary where do i sign in?. Will see if Olympus is happy to do that. Like they care!. But Im down anyway!. ha!.

And there are plenty of places to get some nice beer!

(ssshhh ... let Chris think he's only here for photography ... once he get here ...)

haha!. well i do know a little bit of the place as i lived in costa mesa for half a year back in 2007. Id love to visit and meet you guys to be honest!.

Broke and drunk, but famous.

Congratulations!

like most famous people end. haha!. :drinks:

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
Okay, Olympus sucks ... you figure it out ... mean while we'll be working on a list of our own personal secret places for you to shoot ... like Disneyland ... lol

=G=

jloden

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jay
Great stuff Chris! Congrats and I'm happy for you :2thumbs:

I always look forward to your posts since it means some great new photos to check out. Always great to see talent recognized too.

dogs100

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Geoff
Brilliant ... well done ... it makes me realise I need to shoot more, and work on technique more, or maybe I should just stay lazy and enjoy the stuff you guys do :cool:

Pecos

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Chris, you should think of photographing our deserts and mountains. Hiking through Death Valley and the Sierra Nevada will shift your photographic salivary glands into high. Yosemite is arguable the prettiest piece of real estate in the world, next door is Kings Canyon where the Sequoias party, a quick drive down Highway 1, (aka Pacific Coast Highway, arguably the most scenic road in the world), along the central coast to Carmel and Pt. Lobos, where Adams and Weston lived.

Take a year off, get a grant from Olympus and come to California. I think you should exercise your talents here.

Gary
Chris, congratulations. I agree with Gary - I think I could spend every day the rest of my life photographing Yosemite and not do it justice. I miss it!
Ron

RobWatson

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I always tell folks that go on and on about Yosemite that they probably have never been to Kings Canyon which I find way more interesting in almost every respect. Especially those folks that come from 1000's of miles away and yet don't drive the few miles south to Kings Canyon.

Try going second week of October and you have the whole place all to yourself - and the campground fees are zero then.

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
I did mention Kings. Kings hasn't the variety of Yosemite, but Kings creates such a spiritual experience, on a misty, foggy morning ... the giants, 100's of feet tall, silently standing in the still, gray fog. The entire forest towering so high that you cannot see their tops, the rhythmic sounds of dew as it hits the pine needled ground ... it's very much a religious experience.

Yosemite is spectacular in its breathtaking diversity ... Kings is spectacular in it's breathtaking singleness.

Gary

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
awesome chrisnmn, well deserved! pop me a msg when you are in singapore, can bring you to places to photograph, certainly can learn from a few tips from you too :) :2thumbs:

Chrisnmn

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
I did mention Kings. Kings hasn't the variety of Yosemite, but Kings creates such a spiritual experience, on a misty, foggy morning ... the giants, 100's of feet tall, silently standing in the still, gray fog. The entire forest towering so high that you cannot see their tops, the rhythmic sounds of dew as it hits the pine needled ground ... it's very much a religious experience.

Yosemite is spectacular in its breathtaking diversity ... Kings is spectacular in it's breathtaking singleness.

Gary

I'd love to visit Gary, and probably will. hopefully soon, ill definitely let you know if im in the area! would love to meet! :tiphat:

awesome chrisnmn, well deserved! pop me a msg when you are in singapore, can bring you to places to photograph, certainly can learn from a few tips from you too :) :2thumbs:

wow thanks man!, i'd love to visit singapore, and of course if i get there ill let you know! i would love you to show me the place!. thanks so much! appreciate it. :tiphat:

Iconindustries

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'd love to visit Gary, and probably will. hopefully soon, ill definitely let you know if im in the area! would love to meet! :tiphat:

wow thanks man!, i'd love to visit singapore, and of course if i get there ill let you know! i would love you to show me the place!. thanks so much! appreciate it. :tiphat:

Visit Gary Chris, just do it man. I did and believe me he sure knows how to make an Aussie feel at home. You're pretty much an aussie anyway so I reckon you'd be perfect. Make sure you take him some minties tho. His Pizza's and homegrown Persimmons are the bomb.:thumbup: Sitting on his patio looking through his old b&w photos is a memory I won't forget. And seemingly unafraid a mere 6 feet away is a humming bird hovering in his awesome garden.

fsuscotphoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ron
Visit Gary Chris, just do it man. I did and believe me he sure knows how to make an Aussie feel at home. You're pretty much an aussie anyway so I reckon you'd be perfect. Make sure you take him some minties tho. His Pizza's and homegrown Persimmons are the bomb.:thumbup: Sitting on his patio looking through his old b&w photos is a memory I won't forget. And seemingly unafraid a mere 6 feet away is a humming bird hovering in his awesome garden.

What are "minties"?

I'll be doing the Pacific Coast Highway in August. Anyone that can share tips and good beer places would be welcome!

Congrats to all that get recognition for a cover or even being published at all! There are SO many good shooters out there that it is really an acomplishment.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 mobile app

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
What are "minties"?

I'll be doing the Pacific Coast Highway in August. Anyone that can share tips and good beer places would be welcome!

Congrats to all that get recognition for a cover or even being published at all! There are SO many good shooters out there that it is really an acomplishment.

If you're coming to California ... you be doing yourself a diservice looking for good beer in lieu of good wines ... no make that ... truly exceptional, world class wines. In August a good beer will quench your thirst ... but our wines will touch your soul.

Gary

fsuscotphoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ron
Wine is on the agenda without a doubt! It's just that I'm a homebrewer and beer is foremost in my mind.

GaryAyala

Mu-43 Legend
While there are many many excellant micros in California, (Hangar 24 being one of my favorite), Oregon is probably the best state in the Union for specialty beers. California is the best place in the world for wine, (and I'm including France).

Gary

corns5

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Carol
Just caught up and seen your article & images.........Wow, what a great set of photos coupled with a good article and good advice to all those wanting to walk in your shadow.

A perfect example of the power of the OMD in the hands of someone who knows how to use it and get the best from it.

Superb and very pleased for you as well as the whole Mu43 community who will benefit from articles such as this.

Ian

+1
Being one of the few gals here, if we ever have a meet-up during the wintry months, it'd be great for you all to come here to sunny Florida! Beautiful oceanscapes, sunrises, and birding of course! I do not drink so the beer-guy thing wouldn't be my forte, but learning photography from so many talented folks here sure would be!

Chris, your photography here is amazing. It just shows that it's not only about this amazing camera, but mostly about the photographer. Thank you for sharing!

fsuscotphoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ron
+1
Being one of the few gals here, if we ever have a meet-up during the wintry months, it'd be great for you all to come here to sunny Florida! Beautiful oceanscapes, sunrises, and birding of course! I do not drink so the beer-guy thing wouldn't be my forte, but learning photography from so many talented folks here sure would be!

Chris, your photography here is amazing. It just shows that it's not only about this amazing camera, but mostly about the photographer. Thank you for sharing!

Well, I agree about everyone coming to FL, I just wish it were cooler now! St. Cloud is hot!

Latest threads

Top Bottom