Shameless Plug: Affiliate Links for Your Holiday Shopping

Discussion in 'Front Page News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet   Administrator Subscribing Member

Time for a quick Wikipedia-style plug :redface:.

It's that time of year, and a lot of our members are doing quite a bit of shopping.

If 5% of our active members make some of their holiday purchases from Amazon, Ebay, B&H, etc using our affiliate links, it will go a long way towards paying our server and software costs for the new year.

When you click on one of these links before making a purchase, your price is unaffected, and a referral fee (2-4% of your purchase) is paid to us by the retailer.

Please note: For us to get credit for the referral, you must click our link prior to placing any items in your "shopping cart", and you must not click on another site's affiliate link after clicking ours and prior to the purchase.
    Advertisement

Thanks for supporting Mu-43.com!

• Like Like x 12
  2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sean Rastsmith
    Just so I understand, it can be any product from Amazon, ebay, etc., as long as before I add it, I follow the affiliate link? Will it keep the link if I go to another website, and then back to Amazon, etc? Just wanting to make sure that I can give credit without unintentionally messing something up.

3. Adubo

Adubo SithLord Super Moderator

Manila, Filipinas / San Francisco Bay Area, Ca
    Andrew
    Will do this tonigt and refill my shopping cart!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 2
  4. Amin Sabet

Yes, it will work for any purchase on those sites. It won't work if you go to another site in between if that site is also an affiliate and you click one of their affiliate links or if a certain amount of time passes between clicking out link and completing the purchase. Thanks for asking.

5. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sean Rastsmith
    Thanks. I figured I wasn't the only one who wanted to make sure, so better to have it listed out, and make sure we give credit, than accidentally mess something up. Honestly, not sure why someone who is on here wouldn't use the referral link, especially since it only helps (no real downside).

• Like Like x 4
  6. makoti

makoti Mu-43 Regular

Will do!

Empty & re-fill my shopping cart! Thanks for the reminder.

• Like Like x 2
  7. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Hey that's good to know! Thanks for announcing that Amin!

• Like Like x 2
  8. chad

chad New to Mu-43

Chad
    For those of us who usually shop at B&H in person, is there any way to have them add the referral fee to an on-site purchase?

9. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Amin, I just purchased the Rokinon 7.5mm FE from B&H using the links that you provided. How do I know that the forum got credit for the purchase? And did you get any indication of it?

10. Amin Sabet

No but thanks for asking!

Tom, they're pretty good about crediting me, and on the occasions when I've asked them to look into why I didn't get credit, they always have an explanation (eg, "Looks like that person clicked another site's link after they clicked yours..."). Also, I can't see the credit until a while later (probably after the return period has elapsed since they don't credit for returned items. For all of those reasons, I don't bother to check about whether we get credit anymore. I'm sure we'll get credit for your purchase. Thanks for using our link!

11. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Oops, I made a mistake. It wasn't from B&H, it was from Adorama (it has already shipped), but still through the Mu43 link.

• Like Like x 2