[B&H] Any idea when the Oly 17mm f/1.8 will be shipping?

Discussion in 'Ask B&H Photo' started by Mellow, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Tom
    The original promise was early December, I thought, and that is now.
    Advertisement

2. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Hello;

Our buyer is allowing pre-orders which means he is confident the lens are shipping. The lens will not show in stock until supply and demand level off. Currently, lenses received will first be shipped for back orders and once those are filled be added to inventory.

3. destro92179

destro92179 Mu-43 Rookie

So have preorders already started shipping? Sorry if I misunderstood your reply.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Hello,

No, not yet.

5. destro92179

destro92179 Mu-43 Rookie

Hey Chuck,

Any updates? At this point being mid month has Olympus notified you that they have started shipping yet?

Much appreciated as always

6. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Hello,

Not a word, sorry.

7. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Mikey
    Will you kindly post an announcement on Mu-43 or even just a comment on this thread once you hear back from Olympus USA. I understand the 17/1.8 has already started to ship in UK and Asia. Thanks!

8. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Will do.

9. destro92179

destro92179 Mu-43 Rookie

So I spoke to 2 other members in regards to the preorders already being shipped 1 already being received. Both ordered a couple days after the listing came up for preorder. I preordered mine the day it was listed. How come I still haven't gotten any confirmation of my item being shipped? Also I paid through PayPal which was charged right away was my order overlooked? As my first experience with you guys just a lil dissappointed. Are preorders shipped in order?

10. henryp

henryp Sponsor Charter Member

Henry Posner
    I do not see any indication in our computer sales database we've received, much less shipped, any 17/1.8 lenses out of the order in which we received orders. As far as I can determine we received one delivery from Oly and those were all processed 12/17-12/18.

I am not willing to discuss another customer's orders publicly here but my signature includes my email address.

11. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Hello,

We have the lens !

The 17mm f/1.8 M.ZUIKO Wide-Angle Lens for Micro Four Thirds Mount from Olympus is an all-metal 17mm prime lens designed for the Olympus line of micro four thirds cameras such as the E-PM2 and E-PL5 digital cameras. Its focal length is equivalent to 34mm in the 35mm format and its minimum focusing distance is 9.8" (25 cm). It is a very bright, fast lens ideal for everyday photography as well as street photography in which fast shutter speeds and sufficient light is important. Of course, with a wide maximum aperture of f/1.8, this is a fine lens for low-light photography and hand-held portraiture.