Posting photos?

SkiHound

Mu-43 Veteran
I'm a relative newbie on mu 43. Are there recommendations regarding sizes or other guidelines about posting photos on this site? Thanks.

relic

Hobbyist
@Johna, welcome aboard! If I remember correctly, if you resize your images no larger than 1600 pixels for the longest dimension, then the image will be accepted as is. If you upload larger images, then the forum software will automatically reduce their size (I think to 1600 pixels for the longest dimension). I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

AaronE

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yes 1600 pixels on the longest dimension. However, I find that portrait oriented images exported at 1600 pixels won't fit completely on many monitors without panning up and down to see all of the image. For portrait oriented images I usually export at 1200 on the long edge.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

kb1142

Mu-43 All-Pro
Is there a process to download our images at the resolution we uploaded—or in the resolution they reside on this site? I lost a couple of photos I would miss and due to some bonehead circumstances, the only version of them is on this site.

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
While we’re on the subject of imports why do some images flip to landscape when they are portrait orientation
Thanks

barry

Super Moderator
While we’re on the subject of imports why do some images flip to landscape when they are portrait orientation
Thanks
Hi, that seems to be an unresolved iOS issue (when viewing the sure in iOS 11).
There's a thread about it, but no resolution yet.

barry

Super Moderator
Is there a process to download our images at the resolution we uploaded—or in the resolution they reside on this site? I lost a couple of photos I would miss and due to some bonehead circumstances, the only version of them is on this site.
Right-click on an image and choose Save Image As...

kb1142

Mu-43 All-Pro
Right. I guess I was hoping for a size closer to what I uploaded. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jeffcs

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
What I’ve done in the passed is to delete the sideways image go back into my iPad and do a slight crop, than up load the same image 99% of the time the image uploads in the correct orientation.

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Hi Barry

Seems to be more than an iOS issue, I'm getting is problem on my Android tablet as well.

The workaround suggested by Jeff worked for me too.

Latest threads

Top Bottom