New Fuji leak right before Mon's reveal...

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by MrKal_El, Jan 3, 2012.

1. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

• Like Like x 2
  2. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

It looks like it will be Leica competitor? Now when I hear Fuji products, I will think about good dynamic range. hmm, so tempting..... I can't wait what mount will be offered. M mount? hahaha

The downside about this, mirrorless world is not stable as DSLR world. Minimum upgrade but too many types. We still can't predict if the next type will be worth buying or not. I never regret investing in DSLR because the next product line can be predicted but somehow I feel a little bit of regret when it comes to m43.

I think Fuji is more like a quality guy less quantity. I hope Olympus and Panasonic copy that attitude :D

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Dave
    the fuji looks interesting!

the one still big advantage of m43 is the arsenal of lenses available. it will still take a couple of years to build on a decent lens lineup.

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

I wonder if it will be priced less than the NEX-7 but more than the E-P3. That would be interesting!

5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Another lens mount! :eek:

6. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

John
    Don't really know what to think from that mostly out of focus picture of part of a camera. :rolleyes:

7. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Fuji already tossed their hat in the ring with the X100. My guess is that the next camera will be an interchangeable lens version of the X100, which uses an APS-C sensor.

8. MrKal_El

MrKal_El Mu-43 Top Veteran

100% correct...

9. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Pick up the nearest M43 camera and take a look at the screws on the mount. Now compare them to the ones in the leak photo.

The Fuji won't be APS-C. By the looks of it, it'll be smaller than M43. It looks closer in size to...

[​IMG]

Or perhaps...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Steve
  11. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

12. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Not so much interested in the body of a new system as the lenses. From what I have seen, lenses can easily make or break the success of a system.

13. Hikari

Hikari Mu-43 All-Pro

14. Luke

Luke Mu-43 All-Pro

Luke
    My guess is that there will be 3 fast primes ready at or near launch.

15. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

I'm predicting a boatload of disappointment once people realize it's got a smaller sensor than M43...

Look at the lens release button on this spy shot:

[​IMG]

Compare the size of the button to the mount. Now pick up your M43 camera and do the same. That's a pretty small mount if it makes the the lens release button look that big...

16. Luke

Luke Mu-43 All-Pro

Luke
    If they are using the 2/3" sensor from the X10, the size looks about right....and there will be RAMPANT disappointment. It's always hard to tell scale in these leaked photos though.

Like Tom Petty said, "The Waiting is the Hardest Part".

17. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Nic
    But...but...didn't the Fuji guys say it would be a "premium product - not Micro 4/3" (not-so-subtle put-down implied)???

Maybe premium doesn't specifically refer to the basic size of the hardware, but I'll guess we'll have to wait until the unveiling to find out. I sincerely hope that Sony and Samsung won't end up being the odd ones out for going with an APS-C sensor in their mirrorless offerings.

P.S. I only have a Canon EOS in front of me to compare the Fuji mount diameter with. The Canon's is big enough to lose a small child in, so my frame of reference is a bit out of whack.

18. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

If the blur photo is the real body :rolleyes: , the pins are similar with GF2 and Nikon V1. Maybe m43 lens compatible? Is it possible? but if the sensor is bigger than m43, so it's not compatible.

This mount is very interesting. Fuji still hasn't had lens lines. Old lens line is impossible, they are manual focus. If fuji makes a new mount than we have a lot of mounts to choose :doh:

19. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

Here it is!!

https://wellsfargoadvisors.mworld.com/m/m.w?lp=GetStory&id=587442481

Fujifilm Introduces First Compact System Camera
    Greg Tarr

Released : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 12:01 AM

The new models include the X-Pro1, X-S1 (shipping this month at an expected $800 suggested retail) and a new F series model in the F750EXR (shipping in March at an expected $350).

The highlight of the offerings is the Fujifilm X-Pro1, which is a highly featured compact system camera. Fuji-filim said it will build on the success of the X100 model, by adding a camera that features a custom-developed 16-megapixel APS-CMOS sensor incorporating a new filter array and the company's proprietary EXR processor technology.

The camera also includes a second-generation hybrid view-finder and takes three prime interchangeable Fuji-non lenses, all with fast apertures.

The lenses include: the 18mm (27mm equivalent) f/2.0, 35mm (53mm equivalent) f/1.4 and 60mm (90mm equivalent) f/2.4.

Meanwhile, having the look and feel of a traditional d-SLR, the X-S1, features a large 2/3-inch 12-megapixel EXR CMOS sensor and a newly-developed, bright all glass and high-definition Fujinon F2.8 wide-angle to F5.6 telephoto lens with an ultra-smooth 26x manual zoom (24-624mm equivalent).

The Fujinon lens includes 17 glass lens elements in 12 groups, and has smooth zoom control.

An intelligent digital zoom is said to effectively double the telephoto capabilities for up to a 52x total zoom effect, and a Super Macro Mode that captures images as close as 1cm.

The EXR processor enables extremely fast auto-focus while minimizing shutter lag. It supports highspeed continuous shooting of approximately 7 fps at full resolution.

The camera's EVF offers 1.4 million dots of resolution and uses two glass lenses and one non-spherical lens to capture realistic lighting, to complement the 3-inch titling LCD that includes a Monitor Sunlight mode for viewing in bright sunlight.

The body design includes a rubberized grain texture coating for superior grip, and a hot-shoe mount to add additional accessories.

It will record video at up to FullHD 1080p resolution.

Meanwhile, the new FinePix F750EXR offers a sleek compact body design with intuitive user controls, a 0.5-inch 16-megapixel EXR-CMOS sensor with strong low-light shooting capability, and a 20x super wide-angle lens (25-500mm equivalent) with an Intelligent Digital Zoom, which effectively doubles the range to 40x.

The F750EXF also features a 3-inch clear, high contrast 460,000-dot LCD with Monitor Sunlight mode, high-speed shooting at up to 8 fps at full resolution (11 fps max speed at medium resolution), and FullHD movie capture at 1080p (30 fps) with stereo sound.

2012 International Press Telecommunications Council

Provider:
    International Press Telecommunications Council

• Like Like x 6
  20. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Patrick
    Sounds very promising so far!