Wow! Fuji CSC Leak!

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by WT21, Nov 15, 2011.

1. WT21

WT21 m43 Boom-a-rang Subscribing Member

The Reason I don't care about Nikon One Series or NEX CSC. Waiting for something like this:

Fuji mirrorless camera leaked | Photo Rumors

Fuji CSC!

Look at the pic of the camera from top down. Blow it up to get closer look. It has a 1.4 lens mounted on it! Maybe a 35mm 1.4 on an APS-C sensor????????:eek::eek::eek:
    Advertisement

I'd fall over faint if that is what I'm seeing. If the body was <$2,000 I'd sell my Jeep Wrangler to get it!

If it was full frame, I'd just plain lose my marbles.

Fuji -- I'm waitin' on you! Let's see what you got!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

damn, not exactly small, heh. but I just welcome the move to mirrorless.

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 All-Pro

Luke
    I am also excited to see more, but I don't think you'll be able to call a "C"SC. If it's APS-C or full frame as some expect, it can not be compact....especially if you plan on putting a zoom or tele lens on it.

4. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Ad
    I'd be more than happy to get a camera with a bigger sensor and less noise at base ISO, even if it is larger. In my case lenses and tripod determine the size and weight of the bag; I couldn't care less if the camera is a little larger. For me the Sony route with the NEX-7 is the way to go, I think this dual optical/electronic viewfinder will die out as soon as EVF's become better and better.

5. WT21

I agree, though for me, I don't think I'd put a tele lens on it. Or a zoom. Just a three prime kit.

6. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

From the looks of it, Fuji isn't aiming towards M43 or NEX, they're gunning for Leica. Slap a couple native lenses and a Leica mount adapter and you pretty much have an M9 killer.

As a Nikon guy, if they got some special sensor in there, I wouldn't mind if they release a follow up to their F-mount S5...Fuji S6 Pro in a D700 chassis would be sick!

• Like Like x 2
  7. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

If they can deliver the goods on this one with the larger sensor, goodbye M43

8. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Fuji pushing the boat

I suspect that like me, many others thought the X100 was very much a "Test the water" camera to see if people liked the styling and hybrid finder as well as the sensor quality and a fixed lens version was cheaper than changable lenses in case of lack of take up.

It appears the majority of people who own the X100 like it and are more than pleased with the quality of image, the main criticism appears to be based around focus but as I am not an X100 owner / user and have never used one, I cannot comment.

If there is any truth in the rumour it could be the water was warm and Fuji have decided to proceed with a CSC albeit APS-C sensor - the images show what appears to be a fairly large bodied camera with what looks like a rangefinder / X100 style viwefinder window and another shots shows what looks like a lever to swop the frame lines in the same way Leica rangefinders do.

It will be interesting to see how this all manifests itself in a production model and it could be a serious contender to current CSC's as well as Leica providing build quality, reliability and optics are all up to scratch and the price is sensible.

As much as I rate and love Leica's including my M8.2, I like many others have experienced issues with reliability and had the long frustrating absence while waiting for Leica Solms to do their bit - I do also feel I am using it on borrowed time and even more so now that Kodak has gone into demise - does Leica have sufficient spare sensors to cope with known / but not admitted issues?

If the right camera at the right price comes along, I may just be tempted to trade my M8.2 in..............I would miss it though as it is a superb piece of build equipment when working efficiently!

9. WT21

Two issues with the X100 as I understand it (not owning one myself) -- focusing and some with sticky aperture blades. Certainly sounds like they're trying to be like Leica, complete with quirky issues :)

10. Luke

Luke Mu-43 All-Pro

Luke
    Fuji X100 is to Leica X1 as
    Fuji LX is to Leica M9

Leica will be in more trouble than m4/3

11. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

And it seems as if many Leica owners bought an X100 as a backup. It's the other non-fuji group that mentions that camera a lot.

Given the price of entry of the X100 and projected LX, I think m4/3 will be just fine.

12. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That camera body appears to be pretty large. I should think that m43 (one of whose strengths is small size) would not me the target audience. That appears to be aimed at the folks that would be thinking M9 but are put off by the cost of entry.

If it's like the X100 I suspect you' start to see folks tooling up LTM and Mount adapters for it.

13. Wes7

Wes7 Mu-43 Regular

I am really interested in where they price this one, especially if they decide to go after Leica.

14. WT21

The rumor right now is $1400 for the body. We'll see, though, as the X100 price rumors started lower than where it ended up, as well. Who knows on the lenses.

p.s. -- why is your EP1 dead?

15. Wes7

Wes7 Mu-43 Regular

The screen was shattered. No idea how, just pulled it out of the bag one day and it was busted. Something hit it hard enough to dent the frame around the screen through the padding of my camera bag. Bad luck.

16. WT21

Ouch. Sorry for the loss :(

17. LovinTheEP2

LovinTheEP2 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Shame it seems like it's gonna be an APSc based camera vs. at least an APSh or full frame. Would have been be nice if it was a reasonably priced M9 competitor :frown:

So Fuji has basically just reissued the X100 as an interchangable lens camera with a tweaked sensor ... a bit of let down especially as they are going with their own new mount which in my opinion makes absolutely no sense ... just to have an aperature ring based lenses.

Pffffff.. another product just confuse the marketplace vs. truly standing out from the crowd.

I guess u43 will be able to stand its ground a while longer. Granted, I'd prefer to the Fuji LX over the Sony NEX7 if I was in that marketplace..

So we now from Nikon with a decent ILC mirrorless system for an entry point, u43s being IMO the best bang for you buck, Fuji X100, NEX7/Fuji LX, Leica M

Of all those.. it still seems to me u43 is still the overall system to get.. if ONLY they'd make a significant announcment about some type of sensor improvement coming down the pipe and a freaking body variant that includes a VF if only to stop all the bad forum posts and begging for some diehard vf shooters.

18. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

A real shutter speed dial and a manual aperature ring...heavy sigh...the only things I really miss in my Gf1.

19. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Muttley
    If the sensor performs as well as the X100 sensor, it would be awesome. I hope Fuji doesn't go the Sony route and try to squeeze 24 mp in there.

20. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Pricing makes sense - they are going after a niche market and are pricing accordingly. What they can't support with volume they'll make with margin.

Interesting play.

• Like Like x 2