Adobe Releases Lightroom 3.5 and ACR 6.5

Discussion in 'Front Page News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet   Administrator

Adobe has released Lightroom 3.5 and Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) 6.5, adding official support for the following Micro 4/3 cameras:
    • Olympus E-P3
    • Olympus E-PL3
    • Olympus E-PM1
    • Panasonic G3
    • Panasonic GF3

Download link for Lightroom 3.5 for Windows
    Download link for Lightroom 3.5 for Mac OS
    Download link for ACR 6.5 for Windows
    Download link for ACR 6.5 for Mac OS

More information: Lightroom 3.5 and Camera Raw 6.5 now available « Lightroom Journal
    Advertisement

[via DPReview]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Muttley
    I hope it's a quick download and install! Decided to finally try out the EP3. So it'll be perfect to try out the files on the updated LR.

3. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

I've been running the Beta for a few weeks, and it's been solid. New release download was painless yesterday.

4. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

There's a bug for me.

I run Macs with OS 10.6.8, use Adobe Bridge CS5 version 4.0.5.11. My work flow is to put a card in the computer, open Bridge and use "Get Photos From Camera" which opens Adobe Photo Downloader. I convert them to DNG's, put some copyright info in the metadata and write them to a folder of my choice.

Since I upgraded ACR to 6.5, when in Adobe Photo Downloader I try to chose a folder to write the files to, it freezes. I went back to using ACR 6.4 and the problem is gone. Fortunately I don't have a camera that needs 6.5 so I'm ok for now.

5. WT21

WT21 m43 Boom-a-rang Subscribing Member

Same experience here. It wrote over my old 3.0 copy, so I deleted 3.5RC, and now I've got the full 3.5 and ready to go.

6. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

I reported the bug to Adobe a couple of hours ago and already have a reply from an employee who says they are looking into it. Fast work so far.

7. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

I use the original version of Lightroom and loaded the newest version the other day. So far, I am very pleased with it. Does anyone know if Adobe will offer a discount for users of their previous versions of Lightroom?

Also, does anyone know this? I currently run Silver Efex as a plugin on Elements 2.0. When I get the new version of Lightroom, I would like to put Silver Efex as a plug in on it. Is that possible? Will I need to delete Silver Efex first and then load it? Does Lightroom accept plug ins?

8. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Yes, as an upgrade. Amazon.com: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Upgrade: Windows: Software

Yes, but you should check to see if your plug-in app is compatible with LR.

9. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Chuck
    I just brought everything up to date with 3.5: Lightroom 3, CS5 Extended, and Elements 9. Also upgraded to Color Efex 4. Easy install on iMac; much nicer experience than on my old PC.

Rick, Silver Efex Pro works fine as a Lightroom 3 plug-in, as it does with CS5 and PSE 9.