Adobe Releases Lightroom 3.5 and ACR 6.5

Discussion in 'Front Page News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet   Administrator

• Like Like x 4
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Muttley
    I hope it's a quick download and install! Decided to finally try out the EP3. So it'll be perfect to try out the files on the updated LR.

3. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

I've been running the Beta for a few weeks, and it's been solid. New release download was painless yesterday.

4. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

There's a bug for me.

I run Macs with OS 10.6.8, use Adobe Bridge CS5 version 4.0.5.11. My work flow is to put a card in the computer, open Bridge and use "Get Photos From Camera" which opens Adobe Photo Downloader. I convert them to DNG's, put some copyright info in the metadata and write them to a folder of my choice.

Since I upgraded ACR to 6.5, when in Adobe Photo Downloader I try to chose a folder to write the files to, it freezes. I went back to using ACR 6.4 and the problem is gone. Fortunately I don't have a camera that needs 6.5 so I'm ok for now.

5. WT21

WT21 m43 Boom-a-rang Subscribing Member

Same experience here. It wrote over my old 3.0 copy, so I deleted 3.5RC, and now I've got the full 3.5 and ready to go.

6. jlabate

jlabate Mu-43 Regular

I reported the bug to Adobe a couple of hours ago and already have a reply from an employee who says they are looking into it. Fast work so far.

7. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

I use the original version of Lightroom and loaded the newest version the other day. So far, I am very pleased with it. Does anyone know if Adobe will offer a discount for users of their previous versions of Lightroom?

Also, does anyone know this? I currently run Silver Efex as a plugin on Elements 2.0. When I get the new version of Lightroom, I would like to put Silver Efex as a plug in on it. Is that possible? Will I need to delete Silver Efex first and then load it? Does Lightroom accept plug ins?

8. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Yes, as an upgrade. Amazon.com: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Upgrade: Windows: Software

Yes, but you should check to see if your plug-in app is compatible with LR.

9. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Chuck
    I just brought everything up to date with 3.5: Lightroom 3, CS5 Extended, and Elements 9. Also upgraded to Color Efex 4. Easy install on iMac; much nicer experience than on my old PC.

Rick, Silver Efex Pro works fine as a Lightroom 3 plug-in, as it does with CS5 and PSE 9.