Olympus Two-Day 'Touch & Try Event' June 30 - July 1

Discussion in 'Front Page News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet   Administrator Subscribing Member

Here's the invitation to a two-day Olympus "Touch & Try Event" just received by Engadget China:

[​IMG]

We've heard strong rumors from numerous sources of an E-P3, E-PL3, and E-PM1 to be introduced at the event. We can also count on a "high grade" 12mm f/2, and there have long been rumors of a portrait lens in the works. Olympus' own roadmap showed an upcoming ~50mm macro, so it will be interesting to see whether we get a portrait lens, a macro, or a lens which serves both purposes.
    Advertisement

I'm hoping to see Olympus pull off a completely unanticipated, Steve Jobs-style "One more thing..." on day 2 of the event, but it seems like none of the camera companies know how to keep a secret like Apple.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

i eagerly await the lens announcements. hopefully it's more an availability announcement because a 12/2 and fast portrait are two I really would like to see now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. etersmooth

etersmooth New to Mu-43

this event is in taiwan not china :)

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet   Administrator Subscribing Member

Thanks for letting us know the location of this event, etersmooth!

For the record, I didn't state that the event was in China - only that the invitation was published by Engadget China :wink:.

5. guarnerius

guarnerius New to Mu-43

I might go and take some photo of this event, I went to the E-5 one last year