Personalizing Your Packaging

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by StudioHeraBell, May 26, 2011.

1. StudioHeraBell

StudioHeraBell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Behind The Camera. But home is in Montreal.
    They say never judge a book by its cover. In a visual world, it is all about image projection.

You still have to have a good product to offer. But your presentation will also tell everyone who you are.

I am all about green now of days. Recycled paper does not need to say I am cheap.

The only thing mass produced parts about this package is its recycled cardboad and plain letter paper .

Shot with GH2, they are truly snap shots with available light hand held.
    Advertisement

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

Very nice. Not sure if you're looking for any constructive feedback, but I feel like the font and positioning of the text on the CD face isn't on par with the elegance of the package. Other than that, it looks real good :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Debi
    I agree with ksn about the font ... that seems a bit jarring with the elegance of the rest of the package.

Love the embossed cardboard.

• Like Like x 2
  4. StudioHeraBell

hmm, we can't emboss that part and I need info about the business at that section.

Shall I emboss the sticker after I print? I shall try that. We shall see. Thanks for your inpot.

5. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I think they were talking about the design of the CD, not the packaging, as the packaging looks beautiful as is, incl. the business info :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. StudioHeraBell

I change my CD image according to the client. The photo on the CD will always change. It is usually a shot from the session.

However now you got me going, I embossed the business info. Is it too much, shall I stay with plain brown BK?

[​IMG]

7. ksn

ksn Mu-43 Veteran

The photo is fine. The text on the CD is all over the place, the warp effect isn't doing anything for me, and the font is veering towards Comic Sans.

It is a bit too much, but the color looks better than in the first post. Matches the brown triangle now, it was more purplish before.

Edit: I take back my comment about the color. The one in the first post looks good too, doesn't look as flat as a plain brown might. Wish the triangle matched in color though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I prefer the first version as well. I don't mind the color, as it's quite neutral and match the triangle on the front. I would however give a second thought to the CD...let the picture talk by itself and minimize the text. Three lines at the same place would be ideal from my point of view.

• Like Like x 2
  9. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Debi
    Agree with previous two posters: keep the dark brown sticker plain, leave the embossing on the packaging only. I like JohnMetsn's idea about minimizing the text on the CD. I would copy the same fonts you are using for your outside sticker: the fancy script for for your business name, and then your standard typeface for phone and website URL.

• Like Like x 2
  10. StudioHeraBell

thank you everyone.

11. Luke

Luke Mu-43 All-Pro

Luke
    All the comments echo my thoughts perfectly, so in case you were in doubt, sprinke's recent summation is exactly how I'd do it. It's a lovely package, btw.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

It looks understated and rich. I'm sure any client would be impressed on delivery.

Very elegant Hera.

• Like Like x 2
  13. StudioHeraBell

I thank everyone who took the time to add their opinions to this post. I truly did appriciate it. It helped me a lot to make my product a better one.

This is one of the reasons I stay at such friendly helpful Forums. You guys are GREAT!

Cheers,

Hera

14. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Came across this which I thought was funky -

Small Iris [IRSS01] - $6.00 : Cardnetics, fun unique business cards / promotional cards

Not necessarily classy but definitely playful - I guess if someone shot professionally you could have serious and classy business cards as well as fun and playful cards depending on your potential clientele.

Re-iterate the previous comments on the packaging - looks great but I'd ditch the writing on the CD itself.