Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Start a Photo A Day project today...

Hello everyone,

I've been following Amy Medina's photo a day project, on and off since she began back in July 2009... I was delighted to find a writeup by Amy on Steve Huff's website here - a truly inspiring read!

Take a look, and why not start a PAD project of your own?

I think I'll start mine today... using our cool blog facility.

If you'd like to join me in this exercise, please post a link to your blog here.

Cheers

Brian
    Founder, Olympus Photo Safari Group
    http://www.ukphotosafari.org

2. The following 8 members thank Brian Mosley for this post:

I was enthusiastic about doing a PAD, but I just couldn't sustain it. So I thought I could handle a Picture a Week... and my web galleries are even structured that way. But the truth is, I couldn't even manage that most years! I'm just not very disciplined, I think. I have to say that I came closest to achieving this after I bought my little GRD-2, which went with me everywhere during 2009. It's always with me, even since acquiring the E-P1 earlier this year.

4. The following 3 members thank kai.e.g. for this post:

Brian, I think that this idea has great merit. Flickr has a 365 Project as well. I would love to join up but right now I'm dealing with my camera controls first and deal with Don's "Image Quest".

However, once I get my act together I shall try.

kai.e.g., I appreciate your comments very much.

I do solemnly swear to try to be better disciplined.
    **An evolving camera owner.

~ BB
    Flickr photostream

6. The following member thanks BBW for this post:

I started a 365 project on January 1. It has been rewarding, frustrating, invigorating, annoying, inspiring, depressing, loathsome and fun. I have connected with a few other photographers on this path recently and have shared the joys and tribulations of the PAD project. At best, it is making me a better photographer. I try to see the world differently. The 365 project is what brought me to micro four thirds in the first place. I wanted a camera that I could carry with me every I go. The DSLR just wasn't going to cut it. At worst, it's making me a lousy husband. I'm glad my wife understands. If you're interested:

http://margulis6019.c3.cmdwebsites.com/blog/

8. The following 5 members thank steve for this post:

Oh, I have since January an A Print A Week project, but it is not m43, it is pinhole camera.

But I will follow your blog.

Cheers
    rst

10. The following 2 members thank rst for this post:

Good on you Brian, I may attempt this in the future, I look forward to viewing as you progress

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've been following Amy Medina's photo a day project, on and off since she began back in July 2009... I was delighted to find a writeup by Amy on Steve Huff's website here - a truly inspiring read!

Take a look, and why not start a PAD project of your own?

I think I'll start mine today... using our cool blog facility.

If you'd like to join me in this exercise, please post a link to your blog here.

Cheers

Brian

12. The following member thanks deckitout for this post:

Thanks guys,

having people following my daily blog will keep me motivated - I'm sure we could all use more self discipline, and knowing that people will be watching and wondering 'how long will he keep it going' adds a necessary edge

Here's Day 2... what about titles?

Cheers

Brian
    Founder, Olympus Photo Safari Group
    http://www.ukphotosafari.org

14. The following member thanks Brian Mosley for this post:

Great stuff - I've added a direct link to your blog here to my bookmarks so I can keep up with it. Good luck!! I might even get inspired to try it out again :-)

16. The following member thanks kai.e.g. for this post:

Terrific photos, Steve. I grew up just north of Austin, spent more than a few years there as an undergraduate at UT, still have family in Austin, so visit at least once year. Was just in the Hill Country within the past couple of years.
    -------------------
    GH1/GF1/GH2 w/ 14-140mm, 14-45mm, 45-200mm & 20mm lenses

18. The following member thanks JohnKendrick for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKendrick View Post
    Terrific photos, Steve. I grew up just north of Austin, spent more than a few years there as an undergraduate at UT, still have family in Austin, so visit at least once year. Was just in the Hill Country within the past couple of years.

Oddly enough, I grew up in New Jersey. I was in Matawan until I was 9, then moved to Cherry Hill. I lived in Austin in the early 90's, then Philly, London, New York, and now Houston. Thank for the nice words about my pics.

20. The following member thanks steve for this post:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast