Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Real Name
    Amin

Default Open Letter to Mr. Kobayashi, President of Cosina

Dear Mr. Kobayashi,

As Micro Four Thirds enthusiast with great respect for Cosina's manual focus lens offerings in other mounts, I am writing to express a desire to see Cosina Voigtlander lenses designed for the Micro Four Thirds standard.

We Micro Four Thirds users could really use a wide angle lens with good manual focus feel and a distance scale appropriate for zone focusing. A Micro Four Thirds design equivalent of any of your several excellent, current wide angle offerings in the Leica M mount - for example a Micro Four Thirds 14mm f/2 Ultron or 17.5mm f/1.4 Nokton - would doubtless be well received.*

There also appears to be a solid market for more exotic offerings, such as a superfast normal lens. Although the adapted lens market has some lenses in this category, the soaring prices of these lenses on the used market attests to a still unmet demand for a current offering, priced in the range of your Nokton 50mm f/1.1 lens.

Micro Four Thirds is a standard which can take your fine manual focus lenses to a wider market going forward, both in the still photography as well as the video arena.

I'm sure that you have already considered this option and hope that others in our Micro Four Thirds community will join me in urging you to make it happen!

Sincerely,
    Amin Sabet

*Edited for clarity

2. The following 10 members thank Amin Sabet for this post:

I agree, you know it makes sense Mr. Kobayashi!

Amin,
    Maybe you should extend an invitation to him to join our forum.

and can we have a group discount for a bulk order - and group discounts on current products

6. The following 2 members thank BillN for this post:

Real Name
    Amin

Quote Originally Posted by Streetshooter View Post
    Amin,
    Maybe you should extend an invitation to him to join our forum.
    Great idea, Shooter. I'll do that!

I don't imagine you'd be interested in a native MFT 17mm lens with silky smooth manual focus feel, a focus tab, and distance scale, would you ?

Real Name
    Amin

Quote Originally Posted by BillNUK View Post
    and can we have a group discount for a bulk order - and group discounts on current products
    Now you're talking .

Quote Originally Posted by Amin View Post
    Great idea, Shooter. I'll do that!

I don't imagine you'd be interested in a native MFT 17mm lens with silky smooth manual focus feel, a focus tab, and distance scale, would you ?
    Amin,
    I'm told that the Holy Grail of m4/3 glass is what you just described.
    I never saw it so I don't believe it exist but in my dreams, that's what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Amin View Post
    A Micro Four Thirds version of any of your several excellent, current wide angle offerings in the Leica M mount would doubtless be well received.
    {current wide angle offerings in the Leica M mount} + {M to M43 adapter} + {narrower lens hoods} = {Micro Four Thirds versions}

The only ingredients missing are the lens hoods. You might badger MS R&D to make them.

As for fast original lenses, you might invite MS R&D to get back to work on the prototype MS Sonada 25/1.1.

Real Name
    Amin

Quote Originally Posted by Streetshooter View Post
    Amin,
    I'm told that the Holy Grail of m4/3 glass is what you just described.
    I never saw it so I don't believe it exist but in my dreams, that's what I see.
    Don, of all the people in the world, I think no one is more likely to deliver that lens than Mr. Kobayashi.

Default Voigtlander

As someone who's just spent the afternoon using a 35mm Ultron f1/7 and a 75mm f2.5 heliar on both an E-P2 and an M9 I would add my support to Amin's post. Results were superb on both cameras.

I've often wondered whether they would do this, as I suspect Voigtlanders are one of the top choices for adapted lenses. They do have an adapter that they brought out for their existing lenses, so there's no point in changing the mount on those.

It would be interesting to see whether they would consider some new lenses for m4/3. 12mm f2, 17mm f1.7, 25mm f1.2 - things like that.

There's a link on their website at http://www.voigtlander.com/cms/voigt...ntakt_e&lang=e
    that says How can we help you? - well maybe we should start letting them know!

13. The following 4 members thank soundimageplus for this post:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast