Default GH2 / 60D Comparison

Interesting comparison between the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 60D at EOSHD.com - First look - Panasonic GH2 versus Canon 60D Two bits I particularly enjoyed.

"Sadly, it seems November 2010 is to be the month Canon lose the DSLR video image quality fight to Panasonic."

"It presents a particular dilemma for those recent buyers of the 550D, 7D or 60D and also for me. I don't want to cover only the GH2 on a site branded after the EOS but Canon is making the task a little difficult when their products are now so far behind."

2. Default

I would not put to much into those test shots, not very good if you consider that the tester did not use the same lenses to baseline the test. Mixing and matching lenses gives the better lens the added advantage, and different aperture, gives different dof resutls. 50mm at f2 on an aps-c compare to 35mm at f2.4 with 4/3 will have way less dof issues.

So I look at those comment with a grain of sand. I will wait for image resources to publish their finding. Where they will baseline the result instead of mixing and matching.

GH2 looks impressive for what it does, and with the HD lens I would expect it to out shine any dslr in HD, AF system base on contrast vs dslr and phase detect. The contrast base system will win out. Sony with the SLT is the fastest AF for video with the way in combine phase detect with HD.