Unhappy EM-1 Rear Dial Working Intermittently?

I've got a refurbished EM-1 that I purchased from Olympus back in Feb. It's been having issues with the rear dial. When changing settings (aperture, shutter speed, etc) it intermittently responds. A slower turn is more likely to work than a faster one.

After shooting a ton on a recent trip, the issue appears to be getting worse. Called Olympus, sounds like it could be a bad button. Will likely end up sending the camera in for repair.

Wondering how prevalent this issue has been? Googling the issue turns up lots of others with similar problems.

2. Default

It's unfortunately a "known" issue with the E-M1 - I put "known" in quotes because I don't believe Olympus has officially acknowledged it (even though, as you point out, you can find a number of incidences on almost every camera forum on the web). The good news is that Olympus should cover it for free, and I haven't seen anyone have the problem twice.

3. Default

Your refurb warranty may be expired, but you should call Oly and see if they'll look at it. I just had my E-PM2 serviced for a hypersensitive rear dial, the opposite problem of yours, and it seems fine now. Since those rear dials seem to suffer from common defects, Oly may cut you some slack on the warranty date.

4. Default

it is such a common problem, I learned to live with it
    Four-Thirds Lenses: Zuiko 50mm ED Macro, Zuiko 9-18mm, 14-42mm, 40-150mm II & 14-54mm II, Rokinon 8mm fisheye - Olympus OM 50mm f/1.8 manual focus - m4/3 15mm BCL

Real Name
    Nic

My E-M1 is currently with Olympus for repair of this same issue. I wouldn't put up with the problem on a camera costing half as much.
    Nic
    E-M1, E-M5, GH1
    Flickr Photostream

"Don't tell me that you're a good photographer.
    Don't tell me that you have an amazing camera.
    Show me."

Real Name
    Loren

I had this issue. I was in Japan recently and took it into the Olympus store. They fixed it that day for free, and it works fine now.