Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Default

Etude, maybe I need to get to know my camera more. But I just set my camera on M mode. Set it to 200 ISO. Set the F stop... but can't see or determine how long the photo will take (1/2000 or 10 minutes, etc.). Am I in the wrong mode?

Quote Originally Posted by majordude View Post
    Etude, maybe I need to get to know my camera more. But I just set my camera on M mode. Set it to 200 ISO. Set the F stop... but can't see or determine how long the photo will take (1/2000 or 10 minutes, etc.). Am I in the wrong mode?
    If your happy for your camera to chose the shutter speed, why don't you use Aperture priority mode? Use the exposure compensation when the camera metering is confused. Thats what I usually use most the time.

I mainly use manual mode for those times I want to control both the aperture (DOF/ideal sharpness) and shutter speed (avoid/induce subject movement), but I usually let the camera choose the ISO (auto-iso)

There's also ways to guesstimate all your settings in manual (e.g. sunny 16 rule), but they always seem too complicated to me and I prefer to let the camera metering do most the work.

3. The following member thanks hazwing for this post:

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hazwing View Post
    If your happy for your camera to chose the shutter speed, why don't you use Aperture priority mode?
    Historically I've done that as I used to own an OM-1 and OM-4T. They were both aperture priority.

5. Default

Historically I've done that as I used to own an OM-1 and OM-4T. They were both aperture priority.
    I agree with Hazwing on using aperture priority. Give it a try and see how it goes :)

Thanks for the info Etude. BTW, when you post processed them, did you use Lightroom? If so, what presets/profile did you use? They are really vivid.
    I use Lightroom most of the time and Photoshop occasionally. I don't have a preset although I do have a standard workflow.
    My Flickr
    OM-D E-M5/Sony RX100MK2
    O12-40mm/9-18mm

6. The following member thanks Etude for this post:

Real Name
    Barbara Dodge

Default Very Nice

Looks like you are liking the E-5. Not just a tourist any more. These are great

8. The following member thanks Cameramaven for this post:

9. Default

Amazing photos!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

10. The following member thanks tedscossie for this post:

11. Default

Some shots from Las Vegas

Mesmerized
    O9-18mm

The Strip
    O9-18mm

Of the Mind
    O9-18mm

Before the Show
    O9-18mm

As the sun goes down
    This shot was actually taken at the South Rim, Arizona, but I took the tour from Las Vegas
    My Flickr
    OM-D E-M5/Sony RX100MK2
    O12-40mm/9-18mm

12. The following 4 members thank Etude for this post:

13. Default

On Mesmerized and the Strip... were you in a helicopter or is there a building that tall?

Real Name
    Brent

Stunning set of pictures!

Have you made a large print, anything larger than 18 on the long side, of any of the images? And if so how large and do they meet your personal print standards?

Thanks for the inspiration..

15. The following member thanks bluzcity for this post:

16. Default

On Mesmerized and the Strip... were you in a helicopter or is there a building that tall?
    I took the images at the top of Eiffel Tower (Paris Las Vegas). You need to pay an entrance fee to go to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by bluzcity View Post
    Stunning set of pictures!

Have you made a large print, anything larger than 18 on the long side, of any of the images? And if so how large and do they meet your personal print standards?

Thanks for the inspiration..
    Thank you!
    So far, I have never thought of printing any images. Therefore, I have no idea what size to print as I had never printed any images before.
    Any advice and suggestions? :)
    My Flickr
    OM-D E-M5/Sony RX100MK2
    O12-40mm/9-18mm

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast