Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

if someone here in EU wants to buy a focal reducer without duty risks, on ebay.co.uk there's digiunitedcom selling FR, from camdiox. Someone yet tried camdiox?

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by tino84 View Post
    if someone here in EU wants to buy a focal reducer without duty risks, on ebay.co.uk there's digiunitedcom selling FR, from camdiox. Someone yet tried camdiox?
    I forgot about duty when ordering mine
    It makes it quite likely this one will work out cheaper than the one I ordered from China (and with better return options).
    Mike

Compulsive photographic dabbler.

I just got a camdiox m42 adapter from a british ebay shop, cam2uk. Haven't downloaded from camera yet, but pictures seem good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawel D. View Post
    Fellows,
    I was wondering, if I wanted to show you this one. Finally I decided it's an important knowledge in subject of Focal Reducers/Speed Boosters/Lens Turbos.
    Here you can find samples of charts taken with various Reducers and hunting for "the blue spot":
    http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3627547 (I don't know if it's ok to put this link here, please, don't be mad)
    It's fine! Look what the RJ reducer from the test shot in your link can do.

_1100295 by charlesmusico, on Flickr

SMC pentax K 55mm F1.8
    GH4/GX7 /
    Leica Nocticron 42.5mm f1.2 / Leica Summilux 15mm f1.7 / Lumix 7-14mm f4 / Leica Summilux 25mm f1.4 / Lumix 20mm f1.7

RJ reducer is so bad...

_1050645 by charlesmusico, on Flickr

SMC Takumar 50mm F1.4
    GH4/GX7 /
    Leica Nocticron 42.5mm f1.2 / Leica Summilux 15mm f1.7 / Lumix 7-14mm f4 / Leica Summilux 25mm f1.4 / Lumix 20mm f1.7

Two photos taken a couple of weeks apart, so fwiw ... First photo is mir24 + m42 adapter + metabones c/y speedbooster. Second is mir24 + camdiox m42 booster. With the metabones you do also get a lens support thing built in, plus as someone pointed out probably somewhat stricter quality control.
    (1)

(2)

7. The following 2 members thank svenkarma for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by orfeo View Post
    It's fine! Look what the RJ reducer from the test shot in your link can do.

SMC pentax K 55mm F1.8
    It's an absolute crap! Don't even try to use it! Buy it and waste it to protect others! (Use protective gloves...) ;)

But seriously... There were some people asking me for chart shots. I'm not a tender lover of those. Why? Some time in the past, when I was choosing my lenses, I followed some serious tests with charts, diagrams, etc. It might be a tip, but there's something more in photography than numbers and tables. Not always the best performance is the best for shooting.
    Personally, I prefer lenses with "soul", than insanely sharp, nearly "industrial" lenses. To emphasize that, check my Lucar 50/1.6, which is a projector lens with mad image quality - I love that lens! :)

Still - it's a thread about focal reducer, so someone might be interested in charts. There they are :) Yet, your samples state the obvious - it's a very good tool and worth using :)

P.S. My OM adapter finally came :) As soon as the weather gets better, I take for a walk with my Zuiko 50/1.8.
    Kinky lenses, bad IQ, focal reducer and other photo-madness lover!
    Manual focus lens tests, samples, lens adaptations and some other photo ideas:
    LensCraze.blogspot.com by Paweł Dudko

9. The following member thanks Pawel D. for this post:

Focal reducer with SMC macro Takumar 100mm F4

_1100498 by charlesmusico, on Flickr
    GH4/GX7 /

11. The following 5 members thank orfeo for this post:

Orfeo - you made my day with that shot! A beautiful thing!

I've finally tested it with my Olympus 50/1.8 and I'm amazed. Here's the "convincing" 100% crop sample and more are available here: Olympus Zuiko 50/1.8 with Focal Reducer - review.

Kinky lenses, bad IQ, focal reducer and other photo-madness lover!
    Manual focus lens tests, samples, lens adaptations and some other photo ideas:
    LensCraze.blogspot.com by Paweł Dudko

Pawel I read some of your latest blog page, but I cannot find any mention of exactly which focal reducer you bought.
    Any chance of more about that?
    Good results!
    Oly e-P1&17mmF2.8 e-600, e-400/410/450&40-150MkI, E-1&14-54MkI, Tokyo-Koki 300mm
    Lumix G1, FujiX-E1&Yashinon45F1.7, e-pL1&Z9-185, e-P2&45mm&9-18mmmm. e-pL2&30mmF2.8 e-pM2&20mmF1.7

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast