Ads by Google

Amazon

B&H Photo

Adorama

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Metabones Nikon to m4/3 speedbooster!

It is now available!

Micro 4/3 System : Nikon G to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster

This version{perhaps it will be the only one they make} works with both old and new Nikon F mount lenses. They call it a "G" because it will work with G type Nikkor lenses that do not have an external aperture ring. However it will work with all older lenses as well including the very first ones from 1959.

The exception is listed on their site, the 20mm/2.8 AI-S. Not sure why this one won't work, my guess is that the rear element sticks back too far. If this is true there are a few other lenses that also won't work as they required mirror lock-up to be used{the rare 6mm and 10mm fisheyes}. I think there were a few 3rd party fisheyes that also required mirror lock-up too.

It is a bit pricey but Metabones will have the quality that the Chinese knock-offs don't. The Vizelex light cannon has already shown how bad Chinese copies can be.

My birthday is later this month, maybe this is what I will get!
    Last edited by speedandstyle; July 4th, 2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: edit
    Olympus E-PL1, E-PL2, E-P3
    VF2 two of them!
    Oly 14-42mm, Oly 40-150mm, Oly 14-150mm, Pan 14mm, Pan 20mm, Oly 45mm, Sigma 30mm, Oly 15mm Bodycap, Lensbaby Tilt Transformer, Lomography Experiment Kit - more coming soon!
    Many legacy lenses, mostly Nikkor.

2. Default

I'm definitely looking forward to impressions/pics. Who's got one?

There isn't much out there right now and nothing for this Nikon to m4/3. The reviews for the Canon EF to NEX are generally favorable. A few things that have been found are some vignetting issues with certain lenses and stretching of bokeh at the edges. Keep in mind that is on an APS sensor so it shouldn't be as big a deal on m4/3.

First Impressions: Metabones Speed Booster: Digital Photography Review
    Last edited by speedandstyle; July 4th, 2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: edit
    VF2 two of them!
    Oly 14-42mm, Oly 40-150mm, Oly 14-150mm, Pan 14mm, Pan 20mm, Oly 45mm, Sigma 30mm, Oly 15mm Bodycap, Lensbaby Tilt Transformer, Lomography Experiment Kit - more coming soon!

Real Name
    Hasse

Too rich for my blood. Hope they can make a cheaper version without aperture control.
    Trying to 'see'...
    PM1 with Konica's, Contax Zeiss & Yashica (now Speeeeedboosted )

Quote Originally Posted by RnR View Post
    Too rich for my blood. Hope they can make a cheaper version without aperture control.
    I am kind of with you on that. Although I have a couple of G lenses they wouldn't be all that great adapted. However I have many older Nikkor and 3rd party F mount lenses that I would love to use. If they do make one it will be $399 based on what the Leica to m4/3 speedbooster costs.
    VF2 two of them!

Thanks for mentioning this, speedandstyle :-))
    I just ordered one, I think the price is OK if you own some Nikkor glass worth adapting ...

My lens collection was just enlarged with a Nikkor IF-ED 213/f2 and a Zoom-Nikkor 57-142/f2
    If you know the price and the availability of the 200/f2, then the price of the Speedbooster is an absolute bargain !

C U
    Rafael

It looked very appealing until I remembered how much I dislike focusing manually. Much as I miss the shallow DoF of a 50/1.8 and 85/1.8 on full-frame, jumping back 30 years in technology to get it is not an option.
    E-M5 | E-PM2 | mZD 12-40/2.8 | mZD 12-50/3.5-6.3 | P 14-42/3.5-5.6 II | P 45-150/4.0-5.6 | P 14/2.5 | P 20/1.7 | PL 25/1.4 | mZD 45/1.8

Real Name
    Hasse

Quote Originally Posted by f6cvalkyrie View Post
    If you know the price and the availability of the 200/f2, then the price of the Speedbooster is an absolute bargain !
    You make a great point. Look forward to some sample pics!
    Trying to 'see'...
    PM1 with Konica's, Contax Zeiss & Yashica (now Speeeeedboosted )

Quote Originally Posted by f6cvalkyrie View Post
    Thanks for mentioning this, speedandstyle :-))
    I just ordered one, I think the price is OK if you own some Nikkor glass worth adapting ...

My lens collection was just enlarged with a Nikkor IF-ED 213/f2 and a Zoom-Nikkor 57-142/f2

C U
    Rafael
    You are welcome!

213mm? 57-142mm? Not familiar with these lenses! Are you using the converted focal lengths? A 300mm and an 80-200mm with the speedbooster's .7x conversion?
    VF2 two of them!

Quote Originally Posted by speedandstyle View Post
    A 300mm and an 80-200mm with the speedbooster's .7x conversion?
    Indeed ! I will be just carrying a small and light Speedbooster, and it's worth two extra lenses

I'll post some pics when it arrives, hopefully before I leave for holidays !

BTW, there will also be a 37/f1.0, a 26/f1.4, a 18/f1.4 ....
    All from one Speedbooster ...

C U,
    Rafael

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast