Ads by Google

Amazon

B&H Photo

Adorama

Real Name
    Denis

Default Little help re: EM-5 Focus Peaking hack and turning it off

Hi all,

Received my EM-5 last evening and spent a couple of hours setting it up. Really fortunate to have been able to search here and elsewhere to figure out the features and the meanings of a bunch of the menu items before I even had the camera in my hands.

I set up the Key Line 'focus peaking' hack as described elsewhere and found that it does indeed work with some of my manual lenses (yeah, I ordered adapters the same day as the camera :P).

So to my question - I decided to turn off the Key Line button that I'd set to Fn1 and return that button to magnify as I don't always need focus peaking mapped to Fn1.

I went to gears>B>Button Function>Fn1 and set it to Magnify (from MySet 4) and hit OK. The icon for Fn1 now shows the magnifying glass as I'd expect. Problem is, it doesn't magnify on pressing Fn1.

Could someone help me get pointed in the right direction? I searched but must have not included the right keywords. Thanks in advance!

Real Name
    Denis

Alright, well after a full reset, things seem to be back to normal. Not sure what happened there, but if/when I can figure out what I did exactly, I'll report back.

Real Name
    Kevin

Hmm, I can't configure Fn1 to any of the MySets...

Real Name
    Kevin

nevermind, got it. for some reason I had to swap a native lens back on the body for it to show up in the assignable items for Fn1

Real Name
    Denis

Thanks for the reply. I may be guilty of being a noob here. I /think/ that originally when I hit fn1 the screen would immediately switch to a magnified view of the focus point with no other action needed.

Now, it will magnify the view but only after hitting fn1 to activate the magnified focal rectangle (the one with the zoom slider that appears at the right side of the touchscreen).

Once I have hit fn1 to do that, the next press of fn1 will magnify the view of the rectangle. I guess I am on the right track.