Thread: E-pl5 settings

Default E-pl5 settings

Hi all,
    I've just got my new E-pl5 (waiting for EP5) and since I'm a jpg shooter, I would like to know the settings for best jpg output that you use.

Thanks

Real Name
    Ken Schlessinger

Following is a link to a DPReview article about EM5 settings and set-up. A lot of this information is applicable to the EPL5 (they have the same sensor and similar menus). See especially the section on jpeg settings.

The two big things I'd change are 1) turn the noise filter to off (there is still some noise reduction, even at this setting) and 2) change the setting for AWB to "keep warm color off."

Try out the natural setting for jpegs, and see what you think of the results (as well as the other options). You can adjust the contrast, sharpness, and saturation settings if you're not happy.

User Guide: Getting the most out of the Olympus E-M5: Digital Photography Review

Quote Originally Posted by kschles View Post
    Following is a link to a DPReview article about EM5 settings and set-up. A lot of this information is applicable to the EPL5 (they have the same sensor and similar menus). See especially the section on jpeg settings.

The two big things I'd change are 1) turn the noise filter to off (there is still some noise reduction, even at this setting) and 2) change the setting for AWB to "keep warm color off."

Try out the natural setting for jpegs, and see what you think of the results (as well as the other options). You can adjust the contrast, sharpness, and saturation settings if you're not happy.

User Guide: Getting the most out of the Olympus E-M5: Digital Photography Review

Thanks. Already turned warm color off. Will check the other settings.