Default Chase Jarvis Complete Workflow & Backup for Photos & Videos

The system depicted on this video is obviously not a system for mere mortals. It is however, a very good, informative, and entertaining presentation of the boiler room back-up operations of a very successful and well-known photographer. I can't imagine what this all costs!!! There are some helpful points that can be taken away from this by anyone regardless of their level of photography. The discussion comments also contains some good thoughts.

Complete Workflow, Storage & BackUp for Photography + Video | Chase Jarvis Blog
    Last edited by john1027; June 23rd, 2010 at 12:57 AM.

Very interesting, John, thanks for sharing !

Interesting topic...

I backup my data straight from my cards onto a hyperdrive... and then upload to my laptop workstation, and every few days (depending on workload) onto a drobo with 4x 1TB drives installed in a raid array.

I then backup my drobo onto 1TB external drives which I keep in two separate locations (in-laws and out-laws )

The important principles are to get raw backups early (via field backup device like the colorspace), backup your working data onto some kind of raid central store (drobo), backup onto multiple off-site backups (2 portable hard drives kept off site).

Cheers

Brian
    Founder, Olympus Photo Safari Group
    http://www.ukphotosafari.org

4. The following member thanks Brian Mosley for this post: