Ads by Google

Amazon

B&H Photo

Adorama

Thread: wedding Music?

Real Name
    George

Default wedding Music?

For you people who do wedding videos, where do you get your open source music?

Thanks
    www.GraniteStateStudios.com
    GH3 + GH2 + GH1+G6
    12-35mm, 35-100mm, 14-140,30mm,12-50mm, 25mm, 100-300mm
    Site Ref: db96 -- Ebay: lowell31

There are dozens of sites out there. I don't do weddings{well one or two for friends}. I work for a church and we use Digital Juice's products.
    Digital Juice - The Best Products and Prices for Video & Graphics Professionals
    The Stack Traxx are great because you can use all of the instruments in a piece or less, even down to just one. Also every piece is available in 3 or 4 lengths from 15 seconds up to a full 3-5 minutes.
    I have not used them but have heard good things about pond5.com
    Olympus E-PL1, E-PL2, E-P3
    VF2 two of them!
    Oly 14-42mm, Oly 40-150mm, Oly 14-150mm, Pan 14mm, Pan 20mm, Oly 45mm, Sigma 30mm, Oly 15mm Bodycap, Lensbaby Tilt Transformer, Lomography Experiment Kit - more coming soon!
    Many legacy lenses, mostly Nikkor.

Real Name
    George

wonderful!

I will check these out.

also, I see your a Olympus E-PL1 owner. How you like it? I found used deal for $125 with no kit lens but with a few others with adapters:

link here:
    Olympus Pen E-PL1 w/two lenses

I was thinking on maybe using it has a "back camera". What are your thoughts on video quality?

Thanks again
    GH3 + GH2 + GH1+G6

Real Name
    Dawn

You can go to Viemo's website and there is a link for music.....some are free, and others are $1.99....lots of original music--some is a little weird, but I can usually find something I can use.

https://vimeo.com/musicstore

I just looked on your website, and I see you are on viemo....so, you probably already are familiar with this....
    Last edited by dagaleaa; December 12th, 2012 at 08:42 AM.

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by dagaleaa View Post
    You can go to Viemo's website and there is a link for music.....some are free, and others are $1.99....lots of original music--some is a little weird, but I can usually find something I can use.

https://vimeo.com/musicstore

I just looked on your website, and I see you are on viemo....so, you probably already are familiar with this....
    Im pretty new to viemo. I didnt know they had music! Thank you for sharing
    GH3 + GH2 + GH1+G6

Real Name
    Dawn

oh good....give it a try....lots of great music, and it is either free or at a small cost....great way to unite the video photographer and the musician....It is a new service at Vimeo ( always spell this wrong), but one I have used often.

Real Name
    Lee Osenton

Quote Originally Posted by aonavy View Post
    wonderful!

I will check these out.

also, I see your a Olympus E-PL1 owner. How you like it? I found used deal for $125 with no kit lens but with a few others with adapters:

link here:
    Olympus Pen E-PL1 w/two lenses

I was thinking on maybe using it has a "back camera". What are your thoughts on video quality?

Thanks again
    I had 2 E-PL1s and they were both claimed by my daughters. Both are more than 3 years old and still work fine. That deal looks okay if you don't mind not having autofocus. This E-PL1 and kit lens have been on our For Sale forum for a week; it looks like a good deal.

Lee
    Micro Four Thirds Camera and Lenses

Quote Originally Posted by aonavy View Post
    wonderful!

I see your a Olympus E-PL1 owner. How you like it?
    I have not used them much for video but they are good{good not great}. I have to admit that the Panasonic models tend to do better video{all their years doing pro video!}. As with most non-camcorder cameras the video recording is time limited. I think it's 7 minutes at full HD on the E-PL1.

The biggest complaint others have with this and similar cams is that they don't track focus very well. However that is going to be the case with any non-camcorder. In fact even $10k camcorders can have troubles with auto-focus under certain conditions. This is the reason why professionals go manual focus for video.

I personally have been looking at the Nikon 1 system for doing light video work. From what I have read it really shines in that area. As for m4/3 cameras that do video well the G{newer ones} and GH series from Panasonic and the E-P3 and EM-5 from Olympus outperform the lesser/older models.

If you are serious about video and on a tight budget a good camcorder will probably work much better for you. Especially if you want to shoot for 20-30minutes{or longer}.
    Olympus E-PL1, E-PL2, E-P3
    VF2 two of them!
    Oly 14-42mm, Oly 40-150mm, Oly 14-150mm, Pan 14mm, Pan 20mm, Oly 45mm, Sigma 30mm, Oly 15mm Bodycap, Lensbaby Tilt Transformer, Lomography Experiment Kit - more coming soon!
    Many legacy lenses, mostly Nikkor.

Real Name
    George

I ended up finding a GF2 on amazon for $100 with out battery or lens. I bought a battery for $40 and I have lens already!

GF2's have high bit rate hacks that will be close to a non GH2 hacked
    GH3 + GH2 + GH1+G6